jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Referrals and Trackers

1. William F. Torpey profile image84
    William F. Torpeyposted 7 years ago

I keep looking at the statistics provided by HubPages on the number of views for referrals and the number for trackers. I realize it would be significant if you actually signed up new members to HubPages, but why are the number of "views" significant? I couldn't find the answer to this question in the "Help" section.

1. hassam profile image81
      hassamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I guess the answer lies here:

"Traffic Referral Program: If you send traffic to any Hub, you’re entitled to either 9% or 12% of total impressions. You’ll receive 9% if the Hub you’ve referred people to already has impressions allocated to an Affiliate. If there are no Affiliates, you’ll receive 12% of the total impressions."

Taken from the FAQ section.

You might have seen that earlier the hubpages also displayed earnings from referral traffic but later on they removed this so that newbies don't get confused about this.

2. William F. Torpey profile image84

Thanks, hassam. But I still still don't get it. If, for instance, the report says you have 1,000 views how would you know how that translates into dollars?

3. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Number of views would be significant because unless a page is actually viewed, no ads can be displayed. No ads = no potential for revenue.

You'll notice the "traffic hub views" column. This is traffic that you've referred. Whether it be to your own hubs or to others. If you're referring it to your own you'll get around 1 extra ad per 10 impressions, so around 70% of the ads will be yours. If it's to someone elses hub the same, 1 ad per 10 impressions. Or around 10%.

The "hub traffic" column is the traffic of your referrers. People who have signed up under you. So that's their effort, not yours. But I'm unsure if that is the total of pageviews OR if that's your % of pageviews. I've asked a couple of times here in the forum but no one has had an answer.

4. William F. Torpey profile image84

I appreciate your response, darkside. That makes it quite a bit clearer. Thanks.