jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Image when posting a hub on Facebook

1. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

Some hubs don't show a thumbnail (my hubs don't) when posting to facebook, but some do.

I don't know if Facebook is unable to recognize a photo on certain hub accounts or what, but I thought I'd let you know.

1. jenb0128 profile image96
      jenb0128posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm sorry I can't help, but I just wanted to report that I'm having the same issue. I've tried sharing the hub through copying and pasting the link, and also through clicking the "facebook share" thing. All that shows up is the link.

2. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When this happens to me, I don't post the link. I come back to HubPages, go to my account, find the hub I want to share on Facebook, click on stats, then click on hub metrics, and there at the bottom you will see a short URL. Copy that URL and paste it into Facebook and see if that does not work.

If not, sign out of Facebook, clear your cache and try the short URL again. smile

Hope that gets you up and running. smile

This is if you actually go to your Facebook timeline to post and not using the Facebook link on the hub.

1. jenb0128 profile image96
        jenb0128posted 5 years ago in reply to this

It worked! Thanks so much! I never would have thought to use the short URL (and I never would have found it, lol).

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
          Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are most welcome Jenb. smile

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This has going on for months and has been mentioned numerous times. I find the short URL doesn't work every time for me though.

2. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I think it's been this way for a while.

3. Urbane Chaos profile image91
    Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago

That happens to me from time to time as well, but I use a simple solution:

Post one of the pictures from your hub on Facebook, then in the comments section immediately after that, post the link. I do that with a lot of hubs anyway, even if it shows up with the image.  Larger pictures seem to draw more people.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

@Urbane Chaos
      Great suggestion!
      I too post an image link and content URL when Facebook is having trouble handling image thumbnails.

You can also post an image URL and the content URL in the same Facebook post in case people don't notice the comment.  If the image is first, you should get a thumbnail even when Facebook is not pulling them from content URLs properly.

Unfortunately, this occurs sporadically, but Facebook does little to acknowledge the issue or explain what might be the cause.

working