jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Please comment on this first hub from a newbie

1. Bruce Clark profile image60
    Bruce Clarkposted 4 years ago

I have created this hub http://bruceclark.hubpages.com/hub/Okla … ce-Records just recently. It would be great if you can critique on this?

1. p10kabhijita profile image80
      p10kabhijitaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to hub pages. Keep hubbing people will support you. It is a great community here

Bruce Clarkposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

2. kschang profile image89
      kschangposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Your grammar and diction is weird, IMHO.

"Oklahoma Divorce certificates are top secret accounts and only the allowed individuals may avail. "

"May avail"? Did you grow up in the 1960's or something? Nobody writes like that nowadays. It's archaic, even though it's technically correct.

Also, you premise is confusing. Are you looking for ANY divorce records? Or just that of your relatives / ancestors? Or your own?

And I thought you said the records are ONLY available by going to the county court? Why does your last paragraph suddenly say "just go online"?

Thanks for your honest critique kechang, will be revising as necessary.

2. tussin profile image59
    tussinposted 4 years ago

I agree with KSChang.  Also, "critique on this" is not correct either. Did you outsource these articles to a non-native English speaker or put a similar article through a spinner?  Frankly, it doesn't sound like you are a native English speaker.  HP does not necessarily frown on that, but accounts with a lot of awkwardly written articles do get banned or flagged from time to time.

BTW, you can't solicit comments or promote your own articles in the forum.  If every newbie did what you're doing, the forum would be flooded with requests to read articles.  Then it would be so much harder to find the latest wacky religion thread.  Then again, maybe that's a good thing.

I will overhaul the article as necessary. Thanks for the feedback.

working