jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Hubs that go together?

1. hbentleymom profile image74
    hbentleymomposted 4 years ago

If you have hubs that go together then do you publish all at once? What works better?

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

I have several series of hubs.

I did a tribute to women on HubPages twice. First set was 2 hubs and second set was 5 hubs. The original 2 hub set was published together and were connected together by a link at the end of the first hub and a link at the beginning of the second hub which led back to the first hub.

The other most recent 5 hub series was published all on the same day, in order.

I also have a two-set hubs on the Conscious Mind, which were published at separate times.

I guess it depends on what the topic is and what type of writing it is. Such as chapters of a book would be published separately so you can have time to gain comments. If you published them together at the same time, then the initial traffic for the second one might not be good as the first one.

I ran across that when I published 5 hubs on the women. The first hub was greeted by lots of visitors, but the secondary, third, fourth and fifth hub never saw the same traffic as the first one.

1. hbentleymom profile image74
      hbentleymomposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank You!

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. smile Btw- Welcome to HubPages! smile

2. Trish_M profile image87
      Trish_Mposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi smile

I just asked a forum question, about hub series, after reading a comment, from Jason, that they don't encourage 'part 1', 'part 2', etc, in titles.

I had done something like this with a series I wrote (now unpublished), and I have also written some connected items, with each title having the same few words, eg 'Shakespeare's Hamlet'; 'English Language: ...'.

It seems that this is not a good idea and, to get viewers, they should have very different titles, if at all possible.

To me, it seems logical for sets of hubs to reflect this is the title, but it appears that this doesn't go down well with Google. sad

working