jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

How do you determine Word Count?

1. Jean Rogers profile image81
    Jean Rogersposted 4 years ago

Hello everyone. I am new to HubPages, and am wondering if there is a Word Count feature in the article template. If not, do people just paste the text into Word to determine the Word Count? Thanks for your answers. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

1. WannaB Writer profile image94
      WannaB Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes I have pasted the content into Word, but it doesn't always match the HubPages word count. Sometimes I can click "stats" next to "edit" at the top of my hub when I have saved it unpublished and then I can click on "HubMetrics." The word count is on the top line. However, sometimes when I click on "Stats" I get a message that I don't have any stats yet.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

That tidbit of information will show up in Stats --> Hub Metrics. smile

edit: I see that WannaB beat me by 5 seconds. Tough town the internet. big_smile

3. michememe profile image77
    michememeposted 4 years ago

I have noticed my word count as I am creating my hub. It will be in the top left hand corner. I hope this helps. Welcome to Hubs.

4. Jean Rogers profile image81
    Jean Rogersposted 4 years ago

Thanks everyone!

5. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I usually write my Hubs on my computer, and use the 'properties information' to get the # of text I've used. I save it then just copy and paste into HP. Helps prevent loss if I click the wrong button on HP lol I also keep the urls in a file on my computer too, for quick retrieval when promoting.

Jean Rogersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is a great idea. I like your system. Thanks!

6. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Hey Jean,

As someone already said, you can check word count through HubMetrics. However, last time I checked, each text capsule itself maintains a word count also. So, you can keep track as you're creating the hub, without having to exit edit mode.

Jean Rogersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Cagsil. There are a lot of great tools that I am still finding and learning to use. I appreciate your help!

working