WHOO HOO! Finally making money on HubPages!

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (43 posts)
  1. WiseRabbit profile image81
    WiseRabbitposted 11 years ago

After all the time and effort, I am excited to see that it is starting to pay off. My adsense and hubpages earning programs are now active. I looked today and saw that I had .06 in earnings! Don't laugh. It really means a lot to me to have this all set up. You watch, this will turn into something yet. I fully intend to take advantage of all the resources available oh HubPages. I may be a little slow, but I'll get there. I have spent so much time writing things that do not really thrill me but at least on here I can write more of what I want.To be able to do that and earn is a pretty big deal in my book. My book - hah! yeah that too... someday, why not. big_smile

1. Kelley1987 profile image64
      Kelley1987posted 11 years agoin reply to this

No laughing here smile, I know just how you feel. I joined less than a week ago and I have already made 18 cents! I mentioned this (very excitedly) to a friend that wasn't on hubpages and she looked at me and said "ONLY 18 cents? That doesn't seem like much." But fellow hubbers will understand our excitement. Congrats! smile

1. PenHitsTheFan profile image68
        PenHitsTheFanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ha, me too. I joined a week or so ago and the first few cents have been exciting. I'm getting paid for doing something I've been doing for free for years. You have to love that.

2. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You never know when you'll make a sale on Amazon too.  My best single sale  on Amazon netted me $180 in commissions.  So there is money to be made here! 

Congrats on a beginning. You gotta start somewhere!  smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

3. Johnrr631992 profile image84
      Johnrr631992posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wise rabbit, stick with it. When i started I was making around a penny a day, and almost gave up. Then found my niche, and get 1600-1800 views a day. You will get there, just stick with it.

WiseRabbitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Can you expound? What led you to stumble upon your niche?

1. Johnrr631992 profile image84
          Johnrr631992posted 11 years agoin reply to this

well.. I took something I had an interest in which was video games. Then began writing about tips on how to play the more popular games. Then I put a much higher focus on a couple games, and they took off. I also found a very popular searched section of the game on Google, and taught people how to do that. Just write about what you enjoy. If its cooking, do recipe guides. If its movies, write reviews.. Everyone can find a niche, and it can be tough, but very gratifying when done.

4. prospectboy profile image85
      prospectboyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was a lot like you. The first few months I was on here I wasn't earning anything. After I finally got the earning program on here set up I was off and running. I haven't reached the 50 dollar cash out mark yet, but I'm getting close. I have around 26 dollars in total so far. At the rate I'm going now, I should have the 50 bucks sometime next month. All of this inspires me to continue to keep creating.

1. michememe profile image59
        michememeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeppie...!!!!!!

5. MarleneB profile image92
      MarleneBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, $.06 is way more than I started with. For months, I only saw $.01 in my account, then all of a sudden, $.01 became $.02 and so on and so on until now I see significant earnings here. I'm not giving up because I'm seeing real money now. Realize we write for the web, so the world is our limit. Anyway, congratulations. Stick with it and you'll see what I'm talking about fairly soon.

1. molly42255 profile image60
        molly42255posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for giving the encouragement.  I am at the one penny level and just made the decision to put my book out to see if that would go over.  That one penny reminded me that if people were reading the articles I wrote then maybe they would be interested in a book.

Thanks again

6. RolyRetro profile image73
      RolyRetroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I always get excited when I see a few cents generated from my hubs.  I just imagine that my 10 hubs will soon be 100 hubs, so my 10 cents a day will become a dollar a day, and thats a dollar a day for as long as Hubpages exists....what if I had 500 hubs!

2 months in and I am looking at those few cents as encouragement to keep going

roly

7. gabgirl12 profile image60
      gabgirl12posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I definitely know the feeling. I took up the 30 day hub challenge. Now is when I'm starting to see some revenue. Sometimes you hit the ground running and other times it takes time. Congrats!

8. srk4you profile image60
      srk4youposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I understand how you might be feeling. Those pennies not only add up, but multiply with time. Good luck and cheers!

9. jenb0128 profile image89
      jenb0128posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Haha, I completely understand! I wrote my first hub in late April, and I just passed $1 in earnings a few days ago (that's with 9 hubs as of right now). I sure was excited to hit that $1!

10. molly42255 profile image60
      molly42255posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I just made my first penny!  Imagine getting excited over a penny.  I just keep thinking if i could make a penny off of a couple of short articles what can I make if I put the book I have written out there?

I jumped into it yesterday.  Wish me luck.  If you're a fan of science fiction keep your eye out for "Between Death and Life".

Keep going I am hoping to get far with this.  Just remember you can't get started till you take the first step and you did that!

11. Anupam Anand profile image49
      Anupam Anandposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!

I joined a couple of days back and made my first cent today. I know it isn't a lot, but it does feel good. I had read your post the day I joined, so I thought I'd make my first post here as well.

Good luck!

WiseRabbitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

COOL!

2. michememe profile image59
    michememeposted 11 years ago

I joined a few months ago, but didn't quite understand how everything works. After reading hub after hub about money, I got a little bit more serious. I begin digging around. Well, I'm at a full 97 cents. My hubs are going for 30 cents a hub now. Yeah.... If I earn 50 dollars at the end of the month I will be happy. The points, accolades, and cents motivate me to keep writing. We having a cent celebration yall!

3. WiseRabbit profile image81

BREAK OUT THE RED SOLO CUPS big_smile

1. Recently Awakened profile image60
      Recently Awakenedposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Proceed to party!

4. Keith Ham profile image60
    Keith Hamposted 11 years ago

Good luck! I honestly don't expect to earn much here, but I'll be posting for the sake of getting feedback and expanding my writing horizons.

5. WiseRabbit profile image81

Thanks for all the good wishes and input, I really think it will all be worth it in the end, so I am going to keep plugging along.

6. katedonavon profile image75
    katedonavonposted 11 years ago

I'm happy for you! It took me months to get Adsense approval so it seemed like forever until I finally got those first three cents in my account. Now I am slowly but surely getting closer to payout. What a day that will be!

7. profile image0
    leeshamoreposted 11 years ago

I have 3 active hubs. Two are very old, as I joined Hubpages in 2009 then dicontinued. But then I published a new one last week and have earned 2 cents off of it so far. It's sounds kind of funny, but it's a start.

8. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 11 years ago

Congratulations!

9. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 11 years ago

Welcome to you newbies! As long as you don't expect to get rich quick, it's a fine way to make money. The best part is, if you use Google Adsense, you get paid as long as the writing is online. People will look at it for years if you don't move it the residuals can be nice. Google algorithm change aside, that is.... If we can ever figure Google out it'll be a nice way to make money again.

If Google ever stops changing. I read today that they have many more penguin updates to shower upon us. Why can't they just tell us what they want, and then we could provide that, making everyone happy?? BTW~ it took me 2 years to get my first $100 check from Google Adsense, but now it's going much faster.

So write on, and keep plugging!

1. profile image0
      leeshamoreposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand why they don't just tell us their algorithm each time they change it. Actually why bother changing it all? Nevertheless, I feel that if you keep your content unique and keyword dense, without being spammy, you will always be nearer to the upside. You will also have to create less backlinks, as people may be more likely to link to you naturally. You'll have to do less promoting, as the search engines will come through due to your awesome SEO work. I started Adsense a year ago on my site and have $60+. I know I will reach cashout soon, especially with the help of Adsense revenue sharing through sites like Hubpages.

10. Turtlewoman profile image89
    Turtlewomanposted 11 years ago

I'm happy for you Wiserabbit. It only gets better from here so keep at it!

11. surefire profile image67
    surefireposted 11 years ago

Hi WiseRabbit
    Really glad you have started making money no matter how small it may be at first. It means you are on the right road and if you keep going on, creating good content you are sure to reap rich rewards.

All the best

1. profile image57
      farahnaazzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

hey how to make money iam new here and i dont know?

12. profile image0
    kavinduposted 11 years ago

Congrats...I'm just joined yesterday...So long way to go...

13. floriferous profile image60
    floriferousposted 11 years ago

Congrats! May the pennies roll in and grow.

I've been a member for two years, but just started writing on Friday. Too soon for real money. However, I did notice that I'm getting a penny per article. My goal is 100,000 articles so I can join the $1000 per month club. LOL And if there isn't a club, I'll found one.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  I like your plan for joining the $1k a Month Club!  I'm guessing you will make it way before then!

1. floriferous profile image60
        floriferousposted 11 years agoin reply to this

When I was a kid my mother told me I was a dreamer. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll show her. LOL

14. Shushanik profile image82
    Shushanikposted 11 years ago

I've already earned more than $10 this month, and there are still 10 days ahead... Of course $10 is not much, but it's my first $10 monthly earning on Hubpages... If I earn $5 by the end of the month, I'll receive my first $50 payment... Excited! smile))

1. Turtlewoman profile image89
      Turtlewomanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That IS exciting...I hope you reach your goal!

15. EndaMac profile image78
    EndaMacposted 11 years ago

I am delighted for you both.  Well done and keep going.

16. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 11 years ago

Well I'm glad you are happy with your earnings. That .06 cents adds up so write more hubs and see the earnings accumulate. big_smile

17. writeyourwrongs profile image47
    writeyourwrongsposted 11 years ago

OK, I'm usually a very private kind of guy when it comes to disclosing earnings and the likes... but I'm interested to know:

I've been a member of Hubpages for 8 or 9 days now. My earnings are standing at $0.79 - is that a good sign of things to come, or does it mean that if I keep on going I might make a few hundred dollars in my lifetime if lucky?

John

1. Shushanik profile image82
      Shushanikposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think it's rather promising. I haven't seen any income at all (not even 1 cent) until about 1 month after I first registered and started writing, so $0.79 in a week for the one who has just registered seems rather good, as for me smile Though I'm not the best example, as I'll be getting my first $50 payment only in 9 months since I registered... Too slow earner... smile

18. montecristo profile image75
    montecristoposted 11 years ago

I should be getting my first $50.00 soon. I can't complain.

1. Anil and Honey profile image60
      Anil and Honeyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I  no get nay thing,Now i am studying for earn anything.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)