jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Spam flooding my comment boxes!

1. Sarahredhead profile image85
    Sarahredheadposted 4 years ago

Help! If I could just figure out how to stop it: I have suddenly started gettiong multiple spams in the comment section of several hubs. I keep deleting them, but they're multiplying like rabbits. Do I need to report the senders?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Everyone is getting them, there are several forum threads about it. Do you moderate your comments? All of the spam I have gotten in the past two days has been caught by the spam filters and not posted.

1. Sinea Pies profile image84
        Sinea Piesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mine did not go public but it is so annoying to have to deal with them.

2. 0
      SirDentposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No need to report them.  Just delete them when they arrive.  You can do that by checking your spam comments.  Each comment when I checked on mine has a different IP.

1. Sinea Pies profile image84
        Sinea Piesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

These spammers need something better to do. Too much time on their hands.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't take them any time, it's all automated.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry for any frustration and thanks for all the info.

This is a known issue.
      Please see: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/98876

2. Sinea Pies profile image84
    Sinea Piesposted 4 years ago

Me too. How do we get them to stop?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is up to Hubpages to figure out how to stop them.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years ago
  4. Sarahredhead profile image85
    Sarahredheadposted 4 years ago

Thanks guys. I had 12 more this morning - and I simply deleted them. I do moderate my comments...I was mostly concerned with the fact that this started on one hub, then two, and now three. Try as they might, I can push the delete button all day if need be!

5. Danette Watt profile image87
    Danette Wattposted 4 years ago

The first time I saw an email notice that I'd gotten comments on a few of my hubs that aren't doing that well, I thought, "Yay!"

Now I wish they'd leave them the heck alone. Just spam. Yes, I can push the delete button all day but it's annoying, discouraging to think my hubs are only getting spam and it's a hassle.

I do have to approve all comments before they're seen by others but again, for the reasons above.....can't HP do something to help us out?

6. RNMSN profile image89
    RNMSNposted 4 years ago

I haqve been getting a lot lately as well and they are nonsensical...I delte them forever  but they keep coming...can we do anything other than delete forever?
    is it something I havent done ...like a filter that needs to be on my hubs? I dont know...just wondering

Closed to reply

working