jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Hubpages are for real true blood writers...

1. review909 profile image59
    review909posted 7 years ago

If you have noticed, those who are trying to promote their website are limited to put links on the article.If you do so, then you will be violating the rules and be tagged as overly promotional..Try to look on the hubscores of those considered themselves "internet marketers" and compare to those authors who obviously are writers. So if you are trying to promote here on hubpages, it's not a place for you. You will just be considered a spammer here.

2. compu-smart profile image80
    compu-smartposted 7 years ago

I too have noticed this!!

1. compu-smart profile image80
      compu-smartposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Meaning, i  have noticed and observed other things! but due to soo many factors and situations,  none of my observations can be conclusive!

3. HelpingGuy profile image60
    HelpingGuyposted 7 years ago

Hmmm... Hubpages management should take some action (I guess)

1. Cris A profile image60
      Cris Aposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My very words HelpingGuy LOL I too, am not sure what this implies big_smile

4. Shirley Anderson profile image86
    Shirley Andersonposted 7 years ago

Unfortunately, I have been in some forums that recommend using HP for article marketing.  While I believe that you can do that in a good way by writing a truly helpful hub and placing only one or two links, I think some folks don't even bother to read the TOS, they just jump in like it's a free-for-all and go link crazy.  They're not writers at all.  HP doesn't screen articles like Ezinearticles and others like them, so the lazy ones probably think this is wonderful.  They don't even worry about whether or not their content contributes in a positive way to the site.

Why on earth they think that anyone would want to bother with them when they do that is beyond me.  Perhaps, they're just taking advantage of being associated with HP.  I don't know, I'm just a writer.

5. anne.moss profile image61
    anne.mossposted 7 years ago

I write to promote my sites and I consider myself a real writer wink It's why I publish websites to begin with.

I truly believe that writing junk/spam content isn't the way to promote your site either here, on ezine or anywhere else. I try to make all of my hubs useful, readable and of good quality in their own right. I always write for readers first - call me old-fashioned, but I have other things than SEO in mind. I want actual readers who may find my hub to appreciate my writing enough to follow a link to my site.

My point being, not all website promoters spread junk/spam.

Oh, and check out my hubscore wink