jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

My Hub On Page 1 of Google for Various Keyword Phrases

1. 0
    leeshamoreposted 4 years ago

My Hub, Why the Pitbull Breed Digs Holes, ranks number 5 in Google for my keyword phrases: 'pitbulls dig holes' and 'pitbulls digging holes', and number 8 for: 'why do pitbulls dig holes'. However, I'm not getting many pageviews. My goal was to be on the first page of Google, so I'm happy about that, but what good is that with no clicks? sad Either people are not searching for those phrases much or my title isn't catchy enough. Yahoo Answers is one of the sites ranking ahead of me for those terms, so I'm thinking that there is a possibility that after people go to that site, they've already found their answer?  What do my fellow writers think please?

<link snipped>

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You need to post this in the Extreme Makeover forum.  Putting it here is considered self promotion and is against HP rules.  Sorry! yikes

1. 0
        leeshamoreposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok sorry.

2. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 4 years ago

leeshamore no one is looking for those terms.  I typed “pitbulls dig holes” and “pitbulls digging holes” into AdWords and there were no numbers for global searches, just dashes.  This means too few searches to report, or again, no one is really typing that phrase into the search bar.  So it wouldn’t really bring you much traffic even if you were number 1, page 1. 

I think for most of us (non-SEO experts), it’s more a crap shoot of using a few lucky longtailed keywords throughout our text of our hub.  For all the talk in forums and hubs of ranking #1/page 1, it is not going to be a reality for most of us.
    I went to HubCamp last year, and Robin and Jason talked about long-tailed keywords, and said that 20 views per day to a hub is actually pretty good.  Again, I’m speaking of more us “hobbyists”, not those making their living online.

http://darkside.hubpages.com/hub/celebr … -victories

1. 0
      leeshamoreposted 4 years ago in reply to this

3. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Bugger!!  sad