New to all of this

1. mattwiss21 profile image61
    mattwiss21posted 4 years ago

Whats up everyone.
    Just starting out in all of this and it seems pretty fun.
    I go to the University of Oklahoma for broadcast and electronic media, and I thought this would be a great way to get some writing in on the side.

My main question is, what is the best way to get your site out there? I mean how do  you get people to go out of their way to read it, I know Facebook and Twitter, but maybe some other ways I have not thought of.

Any help I would appreciate alot.

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Matt and welcome to Hubpages smile

HP is a very strong platform, so all you really need to do is write hubs with strong titles.

Try to pick a search-friendly title and write at least 500 words, 700 or more is better as you then have the room to include more keywords without stuffing.

Include photos, where possible. Your own are the best because they will be totally unique to the web.

Edit: I just scan read your hub, and you are off to a good start, and including that poll is a great idea as it helps keep people on your page.

Now you just need to write more and build up your subdomain. Try writing articles that can interlink with your first, and add intext links to your articles to group and strengthen them.

2. LeanMan profile image81
      LeanManposted 4 years ago in reply to this

read the learning center and have a read of other hubbers works about getting traffic (use the search box) - you will soon learn.