jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Gosh(!), I just realized I can't communicated in the Answers section..

1. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 4 years ago

... as I am restricted to 250 characters per comment. Which is not nearly enough.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Haiku comments perhaps? - sorry, couldn't resist

Hauntyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, yeah, I didn't consider that as I was seriously trying to converse with someone. But when I noticed the limit, I gave up instantly and came here to ... rant(?) my disappointment.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Well, I guess if you have to type more than 250 words per comment, then it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to write a 500-700 word hub about the topic.

I always thought supplying answers to questions should be at least 2-3 sentences at the least to the most a well written hub.

But, then again, I don't answer questions that often anymore. wink

Cags, if the limit was 250 words, I would be more than ok with that. But it's 250 characters. sad

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good enough for 2-3 sentences maximum. wink

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

I think comments on answers are meant to be very short.  Someone just left a 1618 character answer on one of my questions, so clearly answers can be lengthy.

If a more involved discussion is supposed to take place, it's not supposed to be in Q&A, but here in the forums.

I think the difference between the Forums and the Q&A section is that the Forums are here for Hubbers to seek information or discuss things with other Hubbers either because they are fellow writers or for pure enjoyment or whatever, whereas the Q&A section is a place where we can ask for and provide information that can be picked up by SEs and found by organic traffic. In other words, the ambition is that the Q&A will become like Yahoo! Answers in the future.

I was excited about the new feature (comments on answers), as I thought this would make room for more discussion on certain questions, but I think the limit makes it impossible to do this in a civilized way. But if HubPages meant this new feature to be an inspiration for more 'Great-info-your-so-cool'-type comments, so be it.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

HubPages has always wanted that section to spark new Hubs. But going from Hub Requests to Answers to Questions seems to have evolved them away from that goal, not towards it.

working