jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Traffic Sources

1. DrMark1961 profile image91
    DrMark1961posted 5 years ago

My traffic sources is showing Hubpages, Google, Yahoo, etc but does not show my web site, which I am sure is active and bouncing visitors back to my articles on Hubpages. Any idea why it does not show up?

1. LeanMan profile image81
      LeanManposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Link your account to google analytics and you will be able to double check, there are a few hubs on using analytics if you are not sure how.

But generally I find the hub statistics reasonably accurate. Maybe you should also look at the analytics for your site also.

2. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 5 years ago

I just looked at your site, it is unlikely to generate any traffic from google and other search engines as it almost only a list of links back to hubpages. A site needs to have content relevant to its subject to get traffic and you need to understand the use of keywords etc..
    Read the learning center and other peoples hubs on the subject of creating sites, keywords, traffic and other related subjects. But generally a site has to add value in its own right to gain traffic.. why would anyone want google to send them to the site, they would want to go straight to your hubpages..

1. DrMark1961 profile image91
      DrMark1961posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey LeanMan thanks for all your help. I am adding my site to Google Analytics today (I have my site in Portuguese already on there but never added the weebly site)  but dont know if I want to change any words, I mainly want to use the site to bounce back to other articles about dog health/behavior/training.

1. JustMike profile image41
        JustMikeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Personal opinion here, I think you have it backwards you should write your hubs and link to your blog not the other way around. Once again that is just my personal opinion. But, I also agree with the above poster that you will have a lot more traffic to your blog if you write some blog posts on some of those topics as they are highly searched topics.

working