jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Broken links report shows bad links for unpublished Hubs

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

My account is showing several broken links which are not broken.  They are all links to other Hubs.

1. DabbleYou profile image72
      DabbleYouposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Did you try them again? Maybe some of them have been removed or unpublished for a while then republished.

Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They were my Hubs, so I know they weren't unpublished!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79
          Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

@Marisa
          I figured it out!
          The issue is that the links shown are 'bad' in that they are for Hubs that are not published (draft). 

So these links only resolve for you when you are logged in. 

I did the exact thing you did and came to the same conclusion until someone else noticed the Hubs not being published.

Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Matthew, I can't believe I didn't notice that!

I don't know why I didn't notice they were draft - d'oh!

2. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 4 years ago

Marisa, I'm assuming that these are not new links.  If they were, I would think one simple thing to check (sometimes easy to overlook) would be whether a period or other small punctuation mark accidentally got included in the link.

3. Anti-Valentine profile image93
    Anti-Valentineposted 4 years ago

I've had something like this happen before - links to other hubs being reported as broken. I either just re-copied and pasted the links, or got rid of the tracker code in the URL and that seemed to do it. It might have had something to do with the subdomains being brought in, but this is just a theory.

There is also one external link that is reported as being bad every now and again, but then I retest it and it shows that there's nothing wrong.

Closed to reply

working