Curious About Page Rank...

1. sagebrush_mama profile image80
    sagebrush_mamaposted 4 years ago

Since the August plunge, I've kinda just focused on other projects and let my hubs sit.  I still check in now and then, and every now and then there's a the midst of one now, having gone from less than 20 views per day to around 100. 

Over these several months, I've checked page rank from time to time for my HP subdomain, and usually it's an N/A...happened to check it out this morning and it was a whopping 3/10...first I've ever seen that since the subdomain switch.  Don't know whether that's significant or whether it will drop again into oblivion.  I'm not all that sure of the significance of page rank, anyway, but wondering if any other August "plungers" have noticed any similar patterns.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Page rank relates to links, incoming links I believe.

The odd thing is that I have a hub (on another account name) that is a PR3, yet not only have I not built any links to it, it doesn't have anything but internal or nofollow backlinks. It's only 7 weeks old, yet has already been copied by others out there on the www, and is on the front page of Google search.

Google seems to be updating their PRs more frequently than usual, but according to all the expert hubbers here (who hardly post anymore), PR means nothing really nowadays, as they know so many people are building fake backlinks that PR has been down-rated.

The account that hub is on is now a PR2, the hub itself is a PR 3, yet the site that copied it (with a PR0) went straight to #1 for MY keywords, using MY article, and has only been stopped in its tracks because I DMCA'd them!

They have now been de-indexed, but how can Google be working properly when they put a MFA site, which is full of copied content, ahead of a PR3 article?

Their thousands of artificial backlinks aren't helping their PR at all, but they are still getting the desired results in the SERPS.

Google is still broken.