jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Opinions on the Amazon Affiliate program?

1. Cardia profile image89
    Cardiaposted 4 years ago

I'm seriously considering signing up for the Amazon Affiliate program. However, I live in Barbados, and the FAQs aren't really telling me anything.

Have you found the program to be profitable? Also, do you have a problem collecting payments?

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have no problems with Amazon at all. The payments are timely once the threshold is reached. I have it set for direct deposit. Right now I am getting an average of 4% of the purchase price of any items sold through this program.

As for being profitable, well, I am not getting rich, however, when you add up all the smaller amounts from various means online you end up with a bill or two paid every month or so. smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, I earn about $25 every other month. I accept payment in gift certificates because it keeps me supplied in ebooks smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Looks like Amazon is changing things around...

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp … 0_24482110

1. missolive profile image93
      missoliveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the link paradigmsearch.

I'm finally averaging about $20 per month on there. I've been averaging about 6 - 6.5%

I need to look and compare the advertising percentages a bit and see what the real difference will be after July 2012. At first glance I don't see anything that looked too terribly different.