jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Comments triggering disabled ads

1. Living Well Now profile image79
    Living Well Nowposted 4 years ago

I have a hub that triggered the automatic disabling of ads due to the nature of the content. Ads were enabled upon review of the hub by HP staff. The problem is the comments. When someone comments, the ads are automatically disabled and I have to make a request to review the hub to have the ads re-enabled.

Is there a way to separate the hub from the comments so that only the comments are temporarily disabled and not the ads? Sandboxing the comments might be a viable solution so hubs still generate revenue until the comments can be reviewed. It took 48 hours to review the hub after I made an edit.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image85
      Marina Lazarevicposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can configure comment settings on a per-Hub basis. First, you need to select the "Configure by Hub" option in the Global Comment Capsule Settings.

Once settings are configured there, you can edit the settings of individual Comment Capsules on Hubs.

It seems like the easiest option here is to select "configure per Hub" for the "Comments must be approved before they appear" Global Comment Capsule Setting. That requires you to pre-approve all comments before they get posted to your Hubs.

Hope this helps!

2. Living Well Now profile image79
    Living Well Nowposted 4 years ago

Thanks Marina. The hub in question is configured so that I have to approve comments before they appear. The problem is that any comment I approve automatically triggers a disabling of the ads on the hub.

It seems I don't have many choices. I can turn off the comments or approve them and have ads disabled each time until HP staff approves them. That's why I posted in the Suggest a Feature forum. Is there any way to keep approved comments from automatically disabling ads on the hub?

Ah, I see. That may be a bug. I've escalated the issue to engineering. Will report back here!

1. Living Well Now profile image79
        Living Well Nowposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ads have been re-enabled and new comments haven't triggered the automatic disabling of the ads. So far, so good. Thanks for your help, Marina.

No problem. Paul Deeds fixed this yesterday, but we wanted to wait and make sure it was working. Glad everything is set!

working