jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

New Design

1. Chuck Bluestein profile image88
    Chuck Bluesteinposted 4 years ago

With the new hub design, I got extra traffic today. On the right it says "Hubpages followers". When I clicked it I got a warning about sharing a hub with so any people so I cancelled it. What is that link about?

1. internpete profile image92
      internpeteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, the new layout does seem to be improving my page-views. Not sure if this was intended, but i'll see what happens over time.

The 'share with hubpages Followers' button just posts it in the HP feed of your followers. If one always re-shares one's own hub, followers might get annoyed. but if you have old hubs, or made significant changes to a hub, i think sharing it is fine.

1. Chuck Bluestein profile image88
        Chuck Bluesteinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. Also I did not like that HP did not say if an article was a 2012 article or 5 years old. So I dated all of my articles. So I guess that is not needed anymore. I am also always updating articles since I am a perfectionist so now HP shows that also.

2. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

I wish that were true for me,but it isn't. i think there are too many changes...
    I'm glad it's working out for you.

1. alancaster149 profile image85
      alancaster149posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think the earlier layout was better. This style looks constrained and readers have to get to the very bottom to see the ads. A bit of a "no-no" from what I can see.  But let's give it time... It might grow on me.

1. Reality Bytes profile image94
        Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There are more ads if you look at the page while logged out.

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image90
          Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I love little tips like that, RB. I never think to log out and look at my hubs.

2. alancaster149 profile image85
          alancaster149posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ta for the tip. Must check!

working