jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

A Duplicate

1. jackjackkiwi profile image84
    jackjackkiwiposted 4 years ago

I had an article that I had written posted as a hub. It then said that it was a duplicate. So I remembered that I had previously posted it on another website, so I went to that website, and deleted it. I then resubmitted the article and it still says its a duplicate. Is there a rule that says you can only post articles that have never been posted before, even if it is not on the web today?

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It will continue to list as a duplicate until it falls out of the Google searches. In other words it has to disappear from Google. This may take several weeks. Not sure if there is a set time frame or not.

The other option you have is to look at your article and do a re-write. Convey the same message and same topic with different words... add to it, take away from it.... work with it. When you are done then resubmit the hub.

2. Suranee1969 profile image83
      Suranee1969posted 4 years ago in reply to this

The following link should help remove your article from Google search in a few days. It has for me.

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals

2. jackjackkiwi profile image84
    jackjackkiwiposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the prompt and meaningful answers! I put in a request for removal.
    Jack

3. Suranee1969 profile image83
    Suranee1969posted 4 years ago

You are welcome smile

working