jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

FIXED: Bug takes you to top of hub or question

1. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I noticed this with questions a bit ago, but now I see it's an issue with hubs, too.

On questions, if the url of the question end with a # and you click to delete an answer someone left, it doesn't delete the answer, it just "jumps" you up to the top of the question.

On this hub:
    missolive.hubpages.com/hub/Teaching-Tone-and-Mood
    When, you click to enlarge one of her pictures and then click the x, you are back up at the top of the hub... and not in the section of the hub near the picture.

I noticed in this case, after enlarging the image, the url is changed to something with a # at the end. This is why I decided to bundle this all into one bug report.

Edit: Lol, I should make sure I have the right url in my clipboard before hitting paste!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

@melbel

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
      I have forwarded this to our engineering team to be addressed.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just got news from engineering that this should now be fixed.  I confirmed so in Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

melbelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm still seeing it in Netscape Navigator. (just kidding)

Thanks for the fix! I appreciate it. smile

2. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

I don't really see this as a bug.  Standard HTML programming brings any browser to the top of a page when a link has # at the end of the URL. I see it happen a lot that some people paste an invalid URL into a Hub, and even in profiles, without testing the links.

melbelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I should clarify, It's adding the # to the end of the url at times it shouldn't be added.

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
        Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It should never be added to the end of the URL.  If copying a URL one needs to copy only the address itself and not the entire string that may include other parameters that misdirect the location.  You said it very well with your last line in your first post in this thread.

3. brittanytodd profile image91
    brittanytoddposted 5 years ago

I noticed this too, Mel!  Thanks for posting.

4. MyWebs profile image86
    MyWebsposted 5 years ago

I believe I know what the cause of this issue is. When JavaScript doesn't properly  or fully load and you click a link that should be handled by JavaScript it will append a # onto the end of the URL instead of taking the JavaScript action that 'should' have taken place. This is due to using a # as the target of an anchor tag that normally is handled by JavaScript.

Typically holding down CTRL and hitting F5 will fix it because it forces your browser to request all resources that a web page includes, replacing any resources which may be coming from your browser's cache. Of course there is the possibility there is some bad JavaScript coding going on as well.

working