Adsense Crawler Question

1. elanger333 profile image87
    elanger333posted 4 years ago

Hello.  If anyone could explain this to me like I was five, I would much appreciate it.  I have noticed I have not earned anything on Adsense since March.  Not really why I write, and I never really took the time to find out why.  I figured no one was really clicking on my ads, so not too much I could do.  But I received a newsletter talking about crawlers and their errors from Adsense.  I clicked on the link about fixing crawler errors and it said I had a Blocked URL.
    "Our crawler was unable to access your page to determine its content and display relevant ads. When our crawler can’t access the content, often we won’t show ads resulting in lower revenue and coverage. Other times, we’ll show ads that are irrelevant resulting in lower CTR. Follow the links in the ‘How to fix.’ column to correct these errors and improve AdSense performance."  But when I clicked the How To Fix link, nothing happened. 

I have been trying to navigate the Adsense help desk, but I am not the best at understanding this, so I may be missing something?  If anyone could point me in the right direction or has had a similar problem, I would much appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's probably because the instructions provided by Adsense are only relevant if you have your own website.  Special rules apply when you're using Adsense on a shared site like HubPages, so you have to follow the instructions provided by the site, not by Adsense. 

So your best bet is to go back to the HubPages instructions for setting up Adsense, and make sure you followed those to the letter.

1. elanger333 profile image87
        elanger333posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Marisa.  I will do this and hopefully it will work.  Have a great day!  smile