jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Question about answering Questions

1. Jean Rogers profile image79
    Jean Rogersposted 4 years ago

Hello folks. I have a question about answering questions in the Q&A section. I see there is a button so you can choose to write a hub as your answer. However, if you simply write an answer that is a complete answer, but would like to refer them to a previously written hub for more details, is that acceptable? It doesn't look like you can add links to your answer, but are you allowed to refer the asker to another Hub title? Thanks in advance- still familiarizing myself with the system.

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image99
      Daughter Of Maatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think its frowned upon, although I have answered a question briefly and then suggested they visit a hub. I usually say something like "I recently wrote a hub on this if you need more information." When they go to your profile, they can see from the titles which hub it would be. I, personally, think that's the polite way to do it, especially if the hub has exactly the information the questioner wants but you don't want to look like your self promoting. It's more of a respect thing to other hubbers I think.

2. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that's fine.  You just have to include a link to whichever Hub (yours or someone else's) that you are referring to.

2. Jean Rogers profile image79
    Jean Rogersposted 4 years ago

Thank you both for your responses. I appreciate the insight.