jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

IMPLEMENTED: Change Title of Related Hubs

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

First, I want to say that I looked at a few of my hubs with the new template and was thrilled! The soft gray background was very nice and the changes are good.

The only thing I saw that I wanted to change on first impression was the title of the related hubs.
    At the end of the current hub, the previous and next hubs in that group by the same author are displayed.

Then a title: "Discover What Other People Are Reading" with related hubs below it.

That almost sounds like other people aren't reading the author's previous and next hub. Could the title of related hubs be changed to something like:

"People Are Also Reading"

Or - any other suggestions for title change? I know my title suggestion doesn't have any enticing words like "Discover" in it.

1. MickiS profile image94
      MickiSposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the feedback, Healthy Pursuits. We went with the "Discover What Other People Are Reading" as we are trying to invite the reader to stay and read more about topics that interest them. If they've gotten that far on the page, they are done with the author's content (which is higher on the page to make it more of an integrated part of the Hub).

That said, we'll probably play around with testing a few more titles, per your suggestion to see if we can optimize more.

Thank you very much for the feedback, and I'm so glad to hear that you were thrilled with the new layout. We've been working on it for several months now, as you well know.

2. MickiS profile image94
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

FYI, Healthy Pursuits, hope you don't mind that I changed the title of the thread to be a little more descriptive of your suggestion to change Related Hubs section titles. It will help me to keep track of your suggestion.

Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No problem, and thanks for considering the change. I know you've done a lot of hard work on this. It really shows!

I have an update, Healthy Pursuits. We've been running some focus groups with writers and some tests with readers.

The title that resonates the best with readers seems to be "Discover More Hubs."

Discover invites the reader to stay. Using 'Hubs' builds brand value in the word for readers and writers.

I think that title also addresses your concern that it sounds like readers aren't reading the next and previous.

This change will happen on the site in the next couple of weeks.

That's a great choice. Thank you!

This went live to the site at lunch time (pacific time) today.

Cheers,

Micki

YAY! Thanks again.

working