SUGGESTION: Comments Pending Notification on Hubs

1. starapostle profile image60
    starapostleposted 4 years ago

When I came to hubpages, I loved the idea of getting paid, but not having to charge people for the information I give, to me that's brilliant. You also encourage writers to achieve a higher standard in writing from where they are. That would also go hand in hand with a increase of knowledge to achieve that goal.

What's problematic with the comment pending is that there is no warning. To have the option to hold comments maybe good for something, but it's problematic if you post something you put time into, that you wrote on the fly.  I don't know if the logic is people won't participate in the community if they know comments are pending, considering the message you see after the fact.

If you know you have a 50/50 chance of losing something you put time in, I think a person would back their work up before going forward in that direction. I think knowing comments are pending would actually deter people who really don't have anything to say, and are just around to mock others.

I just wrote something I was really into, that I didn't want to have to think about again and now it's in the doubter sphere. I made a plea to get my words back, if they decided against my words, before they are just discarded. Not being able to know this is basically equivalent to a sucker punch.

Even if you decide to give no indicator, be it some hidden rule, It would be nice if whatever we post, we have protection from loosing material. Maybe change the color of the submit button when a person has comments are pending. That time could be well used communicating from our own hub, rather blindly giving yourself the chance to be denied communication and lose your work.

Sometimes your inspired, and you press the Submit button too fast, which is what I did.

1. MickiS profile image94
      MickiSposted 4 years ago in reply to this

When it comes to Comments and how they are handled, we  follow a standard convention widely used across blogs, newspaper sites, and other sites that allow commenting. I appreciate your suggestion, but we are unlikely to change away from those standards.

1. starapostle profile image60
        starapostleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi MickiS, I figured it was along those lines. I've noticed some interesting breakthroughs in online communication which seems to resemble fractals, I have my views on that, but I digress.

Half of me is saying wow!that's an opportunity for someone to break the mold, and come up with the next HubTubes or something, and the other half is wondering things I would have to digress on again.

I've had this problem before, and I have solved it with a little extra work, It just caught me by surprise again. Although it be no tough task for the computer to handle, we'll still be glad when someone eliminates the need to tediously safe guard our opinions from being censored.

It is helpful to know hubpages is unlikely to change from the standard, so I have no expectations. It still would be necessary for me to take the same precautions immediately.

Thanks for your help,
        Best Regards