jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Page views

1. lj gonya profile image60
    lj gonyaposted 4 years ago

Could anyone please explain the page views to me. Why do they decrease some days and some days they increase in the 1 day column?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Your views are on a 24 hour cycle; the counts you see are for a 24-hour period.

2. Daughter Of Maat profile image98
      Daughter Of Maatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This might be difficult to explain in text lol

The 1 day column is the number total of visits you have had in the last 24 hours, which varies every hour depending on the amount of traffic you have.

The 7 day column is the number of total visits you've had in the past 7 days. This one tends to vary every day, not every hour. Although, I have seen it change several times a day.

The 30 day column is the number of total visits you've had in the past 30 days and I have noticed that it seems to vary less than the others. Although any of the columns can vary at any time.

Traffic is random. Views go up and down based on time of day, day of the week, seasons, you're activity in the community, how many hubs you have etc. Depending on how much traffic your getting, your one day column may not vary every hour, it may vary once a day. But if you're getting a lot of traffic, you'll notice this column varies a LOT more often.

I'm no expert on this, far from it actually. But this is what I have observed in my own account. I'm sure there is someone else here who can explain this much better than I did, but I hope this helped a little bit. Happy Hubbing!

1. internpete profile image93
        internpeteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think you summed it up very well!

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image98

Why thank you! big_smile

2. lj gonya profile image60

Thanks for all of the help. So say you have 30 views and then suddenly 17 views, that means that the other cycle was over and the new one is starting.

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image98

That's exactly right. I always found that so frustrating!!

3. lj gonya profile image60

Well, that mystery is solved. Thanks everyone.

working