jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

A wee girl's school meals blog going viral

1. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

Saw it all over the TV news, and had to look it up.

Look at the way the counter is flying on the bottom of the page!

Cute story. My area and local council.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago

This is when someone does something simple on the internet, and it has nothing to do with sales or merchandising, or politics or any of that stuff - it just is a simple idea that everyone can understand.

Of course they tried to ban it, to shut her up.  I'm surprised she hasn't been expelled.

Heard the mealy mouthed politician today saying she wasn't banned. Quietly they will now ban all cameras from school canteens on grounds of health and safety. 

A nine year old takes pictures of school meals.  Absolutely brilliant.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I think that's great smile we can all learn from our children as we do, from each other. Even the politicians tongue lol

4. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

It is great because we can all learn a lot from reading blogs like this. A child's eye view of the world if you like.
    I loved when she described an inspector from the council being there!
    She spells words better than half the hubbers on Hubpages too! lol, but best of all I like the hair count in the food.
    I remember school dinners and that is something that kids really noticed and talked about.
    Main difference is we used to get our dinners on real plates, not this plastic stuff - and the dinner ladies would never have served up broccoli with pasta.

1. christin53 profile image80
      christin53posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just read the blog and it's brilliant. I'm not sure why the school have banned her taking photo's any more  they should be proud to have such a bright girl in their school.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The school's decision has now been overturned, so I imagine her blog will resume normal service tomorrow.