jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Not Getting Notified of Comments on a Hub

1. Charles James profile image84
    Charles Jamesposted 4 years ago

On my hob "A Tough Negotiation" I had a nice comment but I did not receive a notification about it. It could be there is a time lag issue because the comment was only 5 hours old.

I have also not received notifications about spammed material arriving as comments - but I think this is coverered on another thread.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear that you have missed notifications.

Is this related to email notification and/or the notification on the site itself that show up on the top of the screen under "notifications"?

Many times with email, this can be attributed to the messages being marked as SPAM.

I had the same issue occur with Gmail and still have to go check my SPAM folder occasionally for some of my email notifications.

If you are talking about the site notifications and not email, this may also be remedied by clearing your browser cache.

Please see the bottom of this FAQ thread for instructions to clear the cache:

2. rachellrobinson profile image85
    rachellrobinsonposted 4 years ago

I have noticed that also, I'll receive notification for perhaps 95% of my comments, but every once in awhile I don't receive any notification at all and I do not check my hubpages account as much as I used to so some times it is a couple days before I know about a comment that was left.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 4 years ago

I don't get all my notifications to comments on my hubs and now to comments from posts in forums.