jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Sharing...

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

Hi--
      Are we allowed to use the 'share on FB or to followers' buttons to promote our own Hubs?  Sometimes, I publish late at night, and by the time the next day rolls around, the original new hub auto-posting is buried past the bottom of the page....

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am not sure about the follower's button, but I do use the Facebook button to promote my own material. Sometimes I simply go to Facebook and post as well.

I reckon we are "allowed" to do it, but I could be wrong. I know, it is hard to believe that I, a Virgo, could be wrong, but I have been wrong once or twice......... just today, lol. smile

2. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

We are technically not supposed to promote our own hubs with the sharing button. We are to share other hubs, but people hope that it will encourage further sharing.by everyone. Several hubs have been written on the sharing topic.

3. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

We can share out own hubs on sites like Facebook.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image92

Well, doggone it, anyhow!  Then how do I show a Hub that got buried by the next day?  I'm a night owl...and apparently that is not a good time to publish...

5. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
    Daughter Of Maatposted 4 years ago

Lizzy, yes you can share your own hub to your followers, however a message will pop up warning you that it is not recommended that you do it regularly (I've done it twice and got the message each time, but I did it on hubs I updated). It is allowed however, and I assume it's for the exact reason you are talking about.

PS congrats on that lovely 100 hubscore!!

1. brakel2 profile image86
      brakel2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

If we do a share with followers, does it go on the home page? I don't see shares there anymore. I did a share of a follower's hub, and never saw it on the home feed.

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
        Daughter Of Maatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I haven't been seeing them either. In fact I haven't been seeing my new hubs after I publish them on the feed. Quite strange. I wonder if it has anything to do with the new layout. It's been really glitchy since it went site wide.

1. brakel2 profile image86
          brakel2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad you noticed it too. Thanks for responding. I guess it must be the new layout. I was just starting to share. Oh well!

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
            Daughter Of Maatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm still sharing, I think other people still see them, or at least I hope they do lol

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image92

Ah, ok, then.  Thanks, Daughter of Maat...  Much appreciated... ;-)

working