jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do hub comments limit potential ad clicks?

1. CyclingFitness profile image91
    CyclingFitnessposted 4 years ago

Do more comments limit viewers scrolling to the base of the page where we now have 2 ads with the new layout

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't believe anyone knows for sure.  But speculation is rife among some folks here.smile

1. CyclingFitness profile image91
        CyclingFitnessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Randy and Rebecca

I've considered switching all of my comments functions OFF completely for the fact they force a viewer to scroll down to the base of the page.

Wondering what others have tried and if it works

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

Possibly, if there are a lot of comments. There is discussion about this on the new site layout thread, starting on page 3. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99203?page=3

On some of my hubs with many comments, I may reduce the setting to only show 20 and see if there is a difference. I don't think I have any hubs that have over 100 comments, but I don't post a thank you for each and every comment. I don't think that's necessary. I thank them for reading in the comment capsule heading.

3. floriferous profile image60
    floriferousposted 4 years ago

I can't see how it would make much of a difference. The more comments you have, the more SEO you garner from the article. This is shameless of me, but I recently wrote a piece on reader-generated SEO. Comments are actually a good thing. In the case of ads being below the comments, it may be a bit of a Catch22, but you make up for it in readership. That's my take.