jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Newbie Needs Help: Hub "Needs Revision"

1. Jean Rogers profile image79
    Jean Rogersposted 5 years ago

Hello and thanks in advance for looking over my hub. This hub has been published for about 2 weeks and recently it says it "Needs Revision" based on deceptive tags, title or category. I revised and edited it thinking that it was ok and resubmitted it, but I am back to the Needs Revision status again. I don't think the title is misleading, so I would love some honest feedback on what needs fixing. Maybe I am just not seeing it because I wrote it and it makes sense to me. Thanks so much!

http://jeanrogers.hubpages.com/_n0zpn4i … s-and-Uses

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, Jean Rogers smile we are unable to view the Hub due to it being unpublished and unavailable for public display. hmm

Jean Rogersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just realized that would probably be the case. (Insert smiley face with hand hitting the forehead). Thanks anyways!

1. Bedbugabscond profile image90
        Bedbugabscondposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am sorry we could not be more helpful. The best I can do is offer this link from hubpages.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Mode … r-Category

I had an issue in this category and it was my tags. Make sure your not keyword stuffing the tags by accident.

Thanks! I will check that out.

3. MelissaBarrett profile image61
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

I looked at it and honestly I didn't see anything at all wrong with the hub. The hub was actually fairly well-written and informative.

The only thing that I can see it flagged for is being part of an over-saturated category.  It's a good hub but it's not the required "exceptional" needed for weight-loss articles.

It may be what category it's listed under as well... you have it in the category of protein in food when it's about supplements.

Thank you for the insight and for reading over my article. I still don't know all the categories off hand, so I am going to look into a different category like you suggested. Do you know if it is okay to contact HubPages to ask for specifics? If I at least knew if it was the tags, category, or article in general it would be much easier to fix, and I really want to learn how to write well for HubPages. Thanks for your help!

4. tamron profile image54
    tamronposted 5 years ago

I read in the learning center about overly saturate subject and this was at the top of the list "weight-loss articles" Don't mention weight loss in your title.

MelissaBarrett

I don't know how she found your article but she is a 100% correct.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
      MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Usually you can type the url into google search and on the right side of the search results you can see a cached version.  smile

5. Jean Rogers profile image79
    Jean Rogersposted 5 years ago

Thanks everyone! I changed the category, tweaked the tags and edited the article a little. It was submitted for publication and accepted. I appreciate all the suggestions and help.

working