jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

More Copied Content - Blogger

1. Judi Bee profile image87
    Judi Beeposted 4 years ago

I posted a couple of days ago about a pet blog that had copied one of my hubs.  I filed a complaint and it is gone.

However, I clicked on the blogger's profile and notice that she has several more blogs covering health, business, food and education.  I have found one hub that was definitely written by someone I follow, a few of her other articles seem familiar too.

Here is her profile (I have left gaps so as not to make the link live)

<link snipped>

1. 0
      Ghaelachposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Judi.
      Thanks for the info.
      Had a look at the said sight but found nothing of mine.
      You just can't trust some people.
      Why can't Google stop these thefts before they get published?
      LOL Ghaelach

1. Judi Bee profile image87
        Judi Beeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

All this woman's (if it really is a woman) blogs are copied content - it amounts to a couple of hundred articles.  I guess it isn't worth Google's time to try to catch them, there's nothing in it for them, but having said that when it is brought to their attention they do seem to act promptly.

2. Judi Bee profile image87
      Judi Beeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

OK, so despite leaving big gaps in the URL, it has been removed

So she is Mey Chan on Blogger

2. MrGigazz profile image60
    MrGigazzposted 4 years ago

Hi judi, there is no need to worry about this, google automatic recognize who is first created text with google spider...for example by creation date etc....

3. Judi Bee profile image87
    Judi Beeposted 4 years ago

I'm not particularly worried about it, she wasn't ranking higher than my original article - I'm more annoyed that people continue to try to exploit other people's hard work.  Blogger are indeed good at removing the offending posts when they are pointed out to them.

1. Bedbugabscond profile image87
      Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago in reply to this

People who do that suck. Thanks for giving other hubbers a heads up. A lot of people are already trying to fix their last traffic and a potential penalization because a cheater doesnt help thing.

1. ChristyWrites profile image80
        ChristyWritesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Judi for the heads up about this. I really wish these people could come up with their own content as the original writer has done!

working