jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (18 posts)

For curiosity's sake: Who has tried the HP Apprenticeship Program?

1. Kelley1987 profile image80
    Kelley1987posted 4 years ago

And how did you like the program? Was it useful, did you learn a lot? Or was it a waste of time? I ask because I am a new hubber and at this point, I've published 4 hubs and I am hoping to become a rather prolific hubber smile. I'm also looking to strengthen my writing and the apprenticeship program seems like a good way to do that.

So, thoughts, anyone?

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Er...I don't think they are supposed to identify themselves anymore for some reason.  Probably because they are choosing a lot of new members over the veterans.  Say no more!lol

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

Kelley1987posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oops, I did not know this haha. I was just thinking of people that have completed the program a LONG time ago. Or you know, long-ish. Long enough to where it doesn't matter if they identify themselves. smile

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
          mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't think anyone has completed it yet as it is a very new concept.

Oh wow, I didn't realize it was that new. I have only been on HubPages for two weeks but hopefully by the time they complete it, I will be ready for the program!

I don't think you need to wait for a group to finish the program before you have an opportunity to be accepted. The waiting list is allegedly only a month or two, yet the program is 6 months long, so there must be various groups running simultaneously.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Their first month is at Parris Island, SC. So they wont be able to get back to you just yet.

Well I haven't actually applied yet nor do I plan to for a little while. My life is a little hectic at the moment so I don't feel like I have the time to commit to a six month apprenticeship. However, I'm hoping that sometime next month I can apply for the program. I just posted this question simply to get everyone's opinions.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They don't really go to Parris Island. I was just poking this thread with a stick to get it started. smile

Yep, as others said, it's a new program.

I, myself, didn't know that those in the program weren't allowed to say anything yet.

Lol! Yes, I figured that they didn't actually go anywhere, my tired brain simply didn't figure that out until AFTER I posted my reply to your post. smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
            paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you're really interested, this will show you what others have said. smile

http://hubpages.com/search/include%3Afo … enticeship

This one cracked me up, "... received my Apprenticeship blow-off today, and I doubt ..."

Looks like there is a waiting list and there is a lot of competition. Good luck! smile

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90

I don't think it is an condition of 'membership' to keep it a secret either as I am sure I have seen threads where hubbers have said they are in the program.

Not lately, Misty.  Let's just say it is suggested.  lol

Ahhhhh, quite possibly. I can soon find out as I know at least one person in the program wink

But if they've been told not to tell......!  yikes

LOL, this person would tell me anyway if that was what they had been told.

2. wilderness profile image93
                wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don't bother.  I have not been asked to keep it secret at all.  Not even a suggestion that I might consider it.

Thanks Wilderness smile

working