jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Why does my blogspot blog rank higher than my hub?

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image86
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years ago via iphone

I set up a blogspot blog which links to all of my hubs to date. The post titles are almost always the same as my hub titles and they always rank better than the hubs. Why?

For example I published a hub 2 days ago about eye twitching superstitions. My blog is on pg 1 for the long tail keywords yet the hub on page 9.

Why on earth is that happening??

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A. Blogspot is owned by Google.
      B. HP is not.

and/or

A. Blog sites have a fresh-content reputation.
      B. Content farms do not.

I'm just thinking out loud here. smile

2. tamron profile image53
    tamronposted 5 years ago

My Adsense earnings are far better on Blogspot.  I link my hubs to my blog using different keywords and titles. My PR was a 3 on one of my blogs but I am sure its not now.

I thought since Google owns Blogspot it would get ranked better that wasn't the case when I first started blogging there.

Blogspot deleted lots of useless blogs since then I have seen a lot more traffic.  They have done some improvements with blogspot.

I did not see traffic overnight it took hard work and about 6 months before I started getting any Google juice.

I also had to revise my template to make them SEO friendly.  Which took months to learn how to do but now its paying off.

I just need to post more often.

Have you dropped by "Your Savings Places" recently? I thought you would want to know. sad

1. Jason Marovich profile image87
        Jason Marovichposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Blogger might work better for some topics, but not for me.  In the past year, I've generated about ten times as much earnings from HubPages (using HubAds) than I've made on Blogger (my biggest blog gets traffic very comparable to my HP traffic, just no earnings from it).

3. tamron profile image53
    tamronposted 5 years ago

I am not sure what your talking about "Your Savings Places" that blog should have been deleted.  That was one of my first blogs I deleted it because the subject matter is overly saturated.

4. tamron profile image53
    tamronposted 5 years ago

paradigmsearch

Thanks for the heads up!  I forgot to update my hubpage profile when I deleted that blog "Your Savings Places" that is why us writers and bloggers need each other.

Thanks a Bunch

You are welcome. smile

working