jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Article copied by a malicious website?

1. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

I randomly checked a few of my articles for theft tonight. Based on a Google search, it looks like one may have been copied word for word. However, the "this site may harm your computer" warning shows in the SERP. The site is jojyhinu. phpzila. net. Does anyone know what phpzila is? Of course, with that warning, I'm afraid to click on it to find out what's actually there.

I'm not very technically savvy and would love any advice on how to view the material without ruining my computer, or anything else I might be able to do. I would feel silly filing a DMCA on a site I haven't actually viewed. Maybe Google will deindex/shut down a malicious site like this so there's no need to worry about a DMCA?

Thanks in advance.

1. calculus-geometry profile image88
      calculus-geometryposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If it has that Google warning, I don't think many web surfers are going to be reading your article on that site, so it won't be stealing much (if any) traffic from your original article.

1. Anti-Valentine profile image95
        Anti-Valentineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good point.

SmartAndFun, you could try and find out the webhost for this website, and then report them for malicious activity. That could get them told off, or the site taken down... maybe. But perhaps it depends on whether the site has been hacked to serve malware, or is actually hosting malware. There's a difference, I think.

2. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 4 years ago

I have the same problem. I just found out a hub of mine has been copied by bading.com and a warning notice says "Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!"

I just came to post a thread about this when I saw yours.

3. Anti-Valentine profile image95
    Anti-Valentineposted 4 years ago

I am generally very cautious about visiting these spam sites. I think in general it's a good idea to have all your defenses up (internet security, etc), and also try and scan the links for those sites or, indeed, have a look at the Google safebrowsing or diagnostics pages, before going in.

But if it is malicious, I wouldn't want to risk it.

4. ftclick profile image61
    ftclickposted 4 years ago

Well, Google did say neg. SEO can be done now.. They have opened the gates and they know this will mainly affect small biz owners. The big brands have so much clout and backlinks something like will not affect their sites so that will attract the small biz owners to go the ppc route or worse give up.