jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (19 posts)

FIXED: New background too dark on profiles!

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

FYI - there appears to be a new background color on profiles - almost charcoal gray on my screen.  Anyway, it's so dark that the text and listings of our hubs are difficult to read. Also makes the blue highlighted text (for links) difficult to see.  It's off-putting and not pleasant to look at.  Can it be lightened a bit? Or change the color to something more like the soft gray or greenish tone on this page?  Thanks for reading!

1. josh3418 profile image69
      josh3418posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, I definitely agree, thought it was just my computer, but I figured I would check the forums.  It makes the background very hard to read!

2. Robie Benve profile image93
      Robie Benveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know if you still see the dark background, but mine is light as usual.
      It might depend from the browser you are using. Thanks for bringing it up, I'm sure the HP staff will be on it.

1. snakeslane profile image80
        snakeslaneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It was there earlier, but gone now. I thought it was a bit too dark.

2. profile image0
    Vincent Mooreposted 5 years ago

I totally AGREE way to dark on mine as well.  It certainly is off putting.  I like your recommendations. Let's hope they change it asap. YUCKKKKKK.

3. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 5 years ago

I was thinking the same thing. Just a tad off.....needs to be lightened a bit to show more contrast in the letters.

1. donotfear profile image90
      donotfearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually, the more I look at it, it seems to be hard on the eyes.  I've found that in all cases, a light green tone does wonders.

1. josh3418 profile image69
        josh3418posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good feedback guys!  I think keeping it the way it was would work too, LOL  But that is just me. smile

4. profile image0

A light mint green would look nice to.

5. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

All I'm seeing is a soft, light grey background. I think it looks fine.

6. jacharless profile image80
    jacharlessposted 5 years ago

A CSS oops, is all. Happens to me often when programming.
    But, it is an indication that maybe they are nearing launch of the new user profile. Note the Hubtivity text is smaller...

James

1. snakeslane profile image80
      snakeslaneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah, so it is.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I did notice the Hubtivity was smaller, and I like it better smaller.  It was taking too much space before - the only thing I want to know about a hubber's activity is whether they have been around recently, or whether they have abandoned the site.  The rest of it seems too much information.

7. Astra Nomik profile image75
    Astra Nomikposted 5 years ago

It was dark on mine earlier too. Now it seems back to normal. Maybe someone was experimenting with the profiles design. The text did appear smaller than usual. And the widgets looked different slightly ... and I saw an ad in a place where I don't usually see an ad in my profile. Oh well...

8. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

My profile is fine. And, James thanks for the heads up on the hubtivity. I just noticed it when I went to check my profile. wink

9. profile image0

Cags the reason your profile is fine is because they reverted back to how it was originally, an hour ago it was a heavy grey. They are testing and that's a good thing. The hubtivity being smaller is no big deal:-) right?

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was joining in the conversation Vincent. I personally don't travel to my profile all that often. I leave it for others to look at. wink

And yes you would be right. I don't care as long as it's readable. wink

10. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94

I don't go to mine often either, but I started noticing it on profiles & mine had it, too.  Now it's back to normal.  I'm fine with the idea of a screened background, but the dark gray was painful to look at.

11. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94

Yay!  Thank you for fixing this issue, HP!

Closed to reply

working