jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Page One Position Six -Still No Traffic

1. jacharless profile image81
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

I mean there's traffic like a leaking faucet, sure.
    But sitting on Page One, Position Six w/three keywords and next to zero, is a bit deflating. How much Big G @ss do we have to kiss to get traffic around here!

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Even if a hub is in the number one position it does no good if people aren't looking for it.  It depends on the subject, of course.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Maybe it's your topics? wink

3. jacharless profile image81
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

You're probably right. But the topic is useful -technology -web security.
    Out of 1.8mil in resulting pages, it was kind of nice to see it there. And although not making on red nickle from the article, am trying to build momentum around this category for a potential writing gig for tech sites, tech reviews.

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

At 1.8M pages for results, it sounds like a very small niche, but with some already huge players. hmm

4. SEO Ibiza profile image59
    SEO Ibizaposted 4 years ago

the amount of pages you see in the normal search information is virtually meaningless.

use advanced search operator allintitle:keyword phrase to see your truer competition levels.

5. moonlake profile image87
    moonlakeposted 4 years ago

I know nothing about any of this but I wonder if the problem comes from only being able to share with Twitter and Facebook. I share nothing with Facebook. My Facebook is for my family and a few friends. They could care less about hubs and would not like it if I kept putting hubs on. I do share with Twitter but I have so few followers it really doesn't help much. The only ones I can share with are other hubbers. So many of them don't like the sharing. When they redid the pages I think we lost a lot. I'm dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to any of this but this is just my opinion.