jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Slideshow Views

1. billd01603 profile image85
    billd01603posted 4 years ago

I have a new column in my stats today. It's "Slideshow Views". I had it for a few days last month but I got it back today, only one of my Hubs had a 190 views today, my total is only 210. Does this contribute to my earnings?

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

I have plenty of hubs that have the slideshow viewer operational. It was recently taken out of the hands of the hub author and set to automatic.

Does it contribute to earnings? Only when the exit the slideshow and return to the hub. While they are viewing the slideshow, there are no ads to click on.

And don't take the slideshow views as something that will coincide with your views. It's not. From what I have learned, people will be able to view your slideshow without registering as a view on your hub.

Example: one hub gets 190 slideshow views and the hub views are less than 30.

Above is a prime example of what I meant.

As for the "slideshow views" showing up on your statistics page, well that happens randomly from what I have gathered. Sometimes it will show you "slideshow" views and at times it won't.

1. billd01603 profile image85
      billd01603posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. smile

3. CCahill profile image87
    CCahillposted 4 years ago

Thats so annoying, how do we stop people from viewing them as slideshows? I'm not even sure how people are viewing stuff as slideshows. Its ruining my revenue

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure how someone that visits your hub, clicks a photo to see the slideshow, and returns to the hub can ruin revenue.  Or are you assuming that they can somehow see the show without seeing the hub?

1. Nouveau Skeptic profile image77
        Nouveau Skepticposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Either the can or our stats are way off (I suspect the later)--slideshow views are often much higher than hub views.

4. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

If a photo is at beginning of hub, beginning slideshow, then they click on a related hub, maybe it never counts as a page view.

5. CCahill profile image87
    CCahillposted 4 years ago

@ wilderness Well i got 92,556 Slideshow views yesterday and only $6 earnings for that day and that was probably just my other page views

working