jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

New ad placement does me no justice

1. weezyschannel profile image84
    weezyschannelposted 4 years ago

Okay, I must say, that I almost liked the other layout before.
    There are two video/image ads at the VERY BOTTOM of the page.
    MOST people reading the article are out of there and don't bother
    to comment or care about Amazon and everything else. Why can't these
    ads be placed up higher?

Please...I have lost almost half of my earnings since these new placements.
    I'm sure there are others too.

1. MickiS profile image94
      MickiSposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There are many factors that effect ad earnings. The new ad placement is not one of them. You can refer to the thread re: ads in the comments, http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99180 for a full discussion of ads on Hubs and the testing that we did to determine the optimal ad layout.

One thing to look at is your traffic. Starting in May, overall Internet traffic goes down because of northern hemisphere summer.

1. weezyschannel profile image84
        weezyschannelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Okay, I will take a look. Thanks

2. weezyschannel profile image84
        weezyschannelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Okay, I will look. I just really don't like to the two ads at the bottom of the page. I really feel like those will never be looked at. I don't think anyone hardly scrolls down to the bottom after they get their information of what they need.

1. Pearldiver profile image87
          Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Then after some time here, you may well find that your guesswork is flawed. If your articles are engaging and interesting, then readers will actually read right through them. The placement of those ads is primarily for those parties that read right through your work... if you can make sense of this.

Ultimately... the Performance of your ads relies completely on You. If you write well.. your readers will potentially see those ads... if you don't, they won't! Bit of a no brainer isn't it? smile

2. MickiS profile image94

weezychannel, although the number of impressions of those ads is low compared to the others in the page, when they do get clicked, the clicks are worth a lot more. The ads that appear there tend to have high CPCs.

As such, we found in our testing, that it was an easy way to add an additional ad unit to the page, one that gets more $, but has no negative impact to the reader. Win-win.

3. 2uesday profile image87
        2uesdayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hello MickiS I was interested in the link you posted here, but I keep getting a 404 when I follow it. Will it resolve if I check back later?

1. ngureco profile image87
          ngurecoposted 4 years ago in reply to this
        2. MickiS profile image94

Thanks, ngureco.

2uesday, I edited my link so it should work now. Sorry for the typo.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

When you sign out there is an ad placement on the very top of the page. If you make your first paragraph long enough and move pictures down to the second text capsule you will get an Adsense ad beside it.

working