jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Losing money with new layout~ anyone else?

1. weezyschannel profile image84
    weezyschannelposted 4 years ago

Has anyone else noticed a huge drop in earnings since the new layout? I am almost half of what I was making and it's irritating. I wish they would have left it alone. Just wondering who all is losing.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

My earnings dropped before the New Hub design was released site wide.

So, no I would not consider my drop in earnings to be related to the New Hub design.

3. mskills profile image91
    mskillsposted 4 years ago

My stats show the evening of June 8th (Google Panda attack) as the culprit for my page views tanking (I'm down 50% since then).  I believe the new layout was rolled out over the entirety of HubPages last week.  Therefore, even though I too am taking a pay cut, I can't blame it on the new layout (yet).

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

My stats are the same.  I think the correlation with the new design is probably coincidental.

5. incomeguru profile image87
    incomeguruposted 4 years ago

What a pity! Immediately the new layout was rolled out, i started earning less money. Although click through rate is increasing, but less adsense earnings.

6. weezyschannel profile image84

I also don't like the two ads at the very bottom of the page. No one scrolls to the bottom of the page. They read the article, and then they are out of there. I believe it is wasting 2 ads that can potentially be clicked on.

1. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

And how exactly do you know? There's nothing anywhere, such as Google Analytics and/or HubPages which will tell exactly what a reader did on your page.

The only things you have access to for information is clicks, impressions, location of readers and a number of other things, but whether or not, they travel to the end of the hub isn't one of them.

To say that people don't read the comments on the hubs they are on is a bit naive.

2. Shinkicker profile image91
      Shinkickerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree weezyschannel. I don't think people will scroll down that far after reading. My earnings have remained the same though, no change.

7. paradigmsearch profile image87
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

I think that pesky publication date is hurting me on one hub. But that problem will be solved when it's re-indexed.

All in all, I've noticed nothing untoward... Too soon to tell really.

8. weezyschannel profile image84

I don't know. I just think it's weird I suddenly lost over a dollar a day when it changed. I have been steady for  2 years.

working