jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

New Writer

1. alexarpoe profile image59
    alexarpoeposted 5 years ago

Hey guys! I'm new and have only written 2 hubs so far. At this point, obviously, my articles aren't exactly specifically related to the topic I eventually want to write about: relocating across the country and my adventure before, during, and after -- pretty much a blog, but not a personal blog, per se. I'd like to cover useful information as I live it. For example, right now I'm finishing up my undergraduate degree in preparation for my relocation, so I'm writing hubs about staying motivated during your final semesters, how to get your finances in order as a recent graduate, how to plan to move, etc., and I'm just hoping some of you would be able to let me know if I'm on a semi-right route, if there are things you would add/take out/etc.

Thanks so much!
    Alexa

1. KevinTimothy profile image88
      KevinTimothyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Alexa,

I wouldn't take out anything!  Your hubs give you an opportunity to express who you really are.  My advice would be to just let it flow and ask yourself this question prior to creating a hub:

How can my knowledge and experiences help another person?

A lot of Hubpages users treat the site like a blog, which is cool.  As long as you keep your content unique and spam-free, it's a win-win for all.  Also, as a hint keep this in mind:

If you create content with "hot" keywords it will become very rewarding.  Hubpages garners plenty respect from search engines, so if you want to teach the world what you know, go for it.  Just remember; help others (with your knowledge) and stay spam free.

By the way....a big welcome, good luck, and I will be your first follower smile.

1. alexarpoe profile image59
        alexarpoeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much, kind sir smile

2. tamron profile image60
    tamronposted 5 years ago

Here are 2 links you should read from the learning center  http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Mode … ow-Quality

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … into-a-hub

Do not make your hubs personal avoid words like I,my,myself,me in your hubs.

Good Luck Welcome to Hubpages

1. handymanbill profile image63
      handymanbillposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Use plenty of keywords and be informative also it helps to read a lot of other peoples hubs to get ideas. While you are there and you like there writing then leave and opinion and Always click follow. A lot of time they will start to follow you to bringing more traffic to your writing. Happy hubbing and welcome.

1. handymanbill profile image63
        handymanbillposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It takes time to start getting traffic and to start making money. So hang in there it is a great place to write.

1. KevinTimothy profile image88
          KevinTimothyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Handymanbill,

Oh yea! I agree with you fully. You'll have a hard time finding a better overall place to write than Hubpages. And I have published articles all over the internet.

working