How do I add a (Twitter) link to my profile?

1. 60
    Anna McGannposted 4 years ago

I want to add a "follow me on twitter" link on my profile page. I tried using regular HTML but it didn't work. Do I need to have content up to do that? (I have content coming soon but thought I'd work on my profile first.)

Also, my apologies if this is already explained somewhere. I did peruse the help pages and read the FAQ but for whatever reason, I could not find the answer.

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image63
      GeneralHowitzerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HTML will not work on Profile page of HP Anna...

But try to make an anchor text (your name) and hyperlink it with your URL in Twitter.

Try doing this go to your MS Word program, type your username in Twitter. Copy your URL in Twitter... highlight your username then right click it, in the address paste the URL then voila... You now have your Twitter name with the link of your Twitter account.. You can now copy paste this to your profile.

If ever this will not work, maybe because you are new here in Hubpages and you do not have the privilege yet of making backlinks...

1. 60
        Anna McGannposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ah thanks much GeneralHowitzer. smile It worked--well I saw it work--until I got the popup saying I first need to be a member for a week and have at least 2 published hubs before I can post that link, but at least now I know how to do it. Thanks again!