jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

FIXED: "Something went wrong" message - repeatedly

1. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 4 years ago

Yesterday, HubPages crashed with a "something went wrong" (see Add Photo). Today, it happened about 6 times. Then HubPages said it was down. It came back up, and was okay for about 1/2 hour (10:35am to 11:05am Eastern, Wed 6/20), but then the message came up again. And, just now, again.
    The message reads: "Something went wrong. Please try again. And when you get a chance, you may want to report this issue in the HubPages forums." It occurs on any and all pages, in the middle of work, or after clicking on a link. Changes to a page being edited are lost.
    I am running Firefox 13.0.1 on Windows XP.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing.

We had temporary site-wide issues recently, but we should be up and running now. 

Are you still experiencing the issues you described?

You may want to try some of the troubleshooting measures outlined in the Bug report FAQ (clearing your cache among them).

1. SidKemp profile image95
        SidKempposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Matthew. Few problems after I posted this message, and none today, so it probably was the site-wide (you wrote "side-wide" but I assume you meant "site") issues you mentioned.

And thanks for the tip about clearing the cache - I read your FAQ, but missed that.

Keep up the great work!

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Yes, I have been running across it all morning. sad

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
      Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ditto. I won't be doing anything hub-related until things...uh...stabilize?

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I managed to get my hubs promoted even with the problem. wink

3. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 4 years ago

It's not just HubPages,  Facebook and Gmail have been spotty lately -  hey, I would expect with millions of users that these things happen.  I wonder if the more design changes sites make the more likely they are to go down?  seems like it.  But I can't complain, without the internet I wouldn't be who I am today - I know that sounds extreme.  But good or bad, we get a lot of bang for our buck!!

Who else do you know who will let you ramble and rattle and rage on and on and on without pulling your plug now and then?  The internet is my friend, my unqualified friend who lets me be unreasonable and weird and quirky and write good and bad stuff without a murmur.  I have never found that anywhere else!

Closed to reply