jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

How can I figure out what are "Unrelated Links or Products"

1. Meguchan profile image86
    Meguchanposted 4 years ago

I just started writing hubs a few days ago, and I received an email from HubPages saying that my hub I published today had "Unrelated Links or Products," and that they may unpublish the hub if not corrected.

Problem is, I can't figure out which are "Unrelated Links or Products."  I feel like all the links and products are related to that hub.

I have a similar hub with similar (or same) links and products that I published a few days ago, and that one does not seem to have a problem.

I have checked my statistics page and clicked on "check violations now," but nothing comes up and my hub is not listed as "needs revision" or "contains violations."

How do I figure this out??

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You have one Ebay link up on your latest hub: RAIN TRAIN TRAVELING SPRINKLER LAWN YARD WATERING MOVING TRACTOR. This is not related to your hub or topic. I have had similar problems. You will have to narrow down what you want listed from Ebay, and check the links to make sure it has a bearing on your topic.

This is what I saw. However, emailing staff is not a bad suggestion as well.

Meguchanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, that helps a lot!  Each time I looked at my hub, eBay showed relevant results, but I guess the results change often, so sometimes they weren't relevant.  I added keywords for eBay, so hopefully the results will be relevant.

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
          Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You have to keep an eye on Ebay and Amazon for sure. I use specific items on the Amazon capsule to there is no variance. However on Ebay, I think the only specific option there is to list a seller? Many times on Ebay, I keep narrowing the key words down or use specific key words or word. Like Travel Guide versus travel or travel accessories and such.

That's exactly what I had done - I only had "ticket," so that was too vague, and I changed it to "travel ticket plane." I hope it works!  I will keep in mind to be more specific with Amazon and eBay.  Thank you!

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Usually if you get this warning, there is a link you can click on which will tell you exactly which link it is.

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Email the moderators and ask for clarification.  As they are the ones who moderated your Hub, they are really the only people who can give you an accurate answer.

Thank you!  I thought the moderators may not get back to me, but I will send them an email for clarification.

working