I HAVE DELETED HUBS BECAUSE

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (20 posts)
  1. profile image35
    Rathna Petersposted 11 years ago

Writing article is not a fun, at the same time taking much time and concentration sitting in front of the PC for hours not to play, I agree that the standards of the websites varies, from the starting all of my hubs were not accepted to published, the reason is quiet normal and as usual, i.e. few tags, and my last hub was refused to published saying that the reason I must have AdSense account in Google, ridiculous, even if I have Adsense account again the hub was rejected to published the reason is more ridiculous its not up to the standard. And one more important critic of my hub 'that must not write my own life experiences in this site'. But I have read most of the hubs were talking about their experiences in one way or other.

What am trying to say here, when I submitted my first hub they must tell all these 'known' mistakes, but one by one I submitted till my fifth they waited to know 'the standard' of mu hubs. And sending mail to me to 'correct' and 'Revise' my standard to the level. I do not understand all these reasons. I thought better I must delete all my hubs I did it.

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There's an entire Learning Center which will not only guide you step-by-step through all the is necessary to making Hubs, but also explains all the standards and rules.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

If you want to write somewhere that has no content standards, it's probably best that you go start your own blog.  As this is website is ultimately a for-profit company, they have standards.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
      DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Your opening sentence says it all.  If you do not enjoy writing, then you are wasting your time trying to write on a site such as this.  Why try to write at all, anywhere, if it is not something you like?  No one is forcing you do be a writer if that is not what you want to do.

And I don't want to appear mean-spirited, but to offer some constructive criticism:  since this particular site allows English-only articles, you might want to make a further study of English grammar and sentence structure.  (If you wish to continue to pursue writing on Hub Pages, that is.)  I suspect many of your problems with "standards" stem from there, judging by the constructs of your question.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  I was an ESOL teacher and it's obvious to me that your knowledge of English is quite limited.  However, you are not alone in this as I see it fairly often here on Hub Pages.  You might want to take some classes to strengthen your English skills.

3. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are you using translation software? Your post is written in a way that depicts you do not have a good grasp of the English language and that it is done by software. If you did the same thing for your articles, it's unlikely that they will go anywhere...

2. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 11 years ago

I suggest finding a content site suited to your native language.  Otherwise it will be tough going for you.  Take it from someone who knows.  My native language is southern drawl.  But I studied hard and now I are a writer.  cool

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image94
      Daughter Of Maatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

OMG Randy, that says it all!! lmao

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
        Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good evening, DOM.  smile 

2. profile image35
        Rathna Petersposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Please remember, third commandment of The Ten Commandments says 'THOU SHALT NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE GOD IN VAIN'.

1. Dale Hyde profile image80
          Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

OMG could well equal Oh My Goddess or Oh My God or Oh My Goodness.... and nothing is being taken in vain, lol. smile

Whoops!  Sorry Dale, I read it as OH MY GOD!  My apologies to any of the mythical invisible deities and their followers who I may have offended.yikes

1. Dale Hyde profile image80
              Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lol, Randy, I was not responding to anything you posted. smile

2. psycheskinner profile image82
          psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What about the first law of the internet: THOU SHALT NOT BE A DUMBASS

3. profile image35

Thanks for replies. I always love and enjoy to read and write, there is no compulsion, may be there are mistakes as my native language is not English. My first intention to read some of the Hubs published here in this site I enjoy reading as I have said earlier, but writing better English not tough it has only 26 letters and the English Grammar also very easy compared to other world's popular and ancient languages. Example:[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamil_grammar].

Yes, I have my own Blogs in my native language as well as English. Where am writing 'my thoughts', its not for making fund or for popularity, but for my own satisfaction.

If you think a 'foreigner' like me who cannot write up to 'your standard' you may openly say, nobody try to write here. No need to argue then.

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually, my late father spoke and wrote 11 languages and he always said that English was the most difficult. That said, he wrote English sufficiently well to be writing as a Journalist for Reuters. smile

Obviously if you are not a native English speaker you will not realize how bad your English is. My bet is that you are using translating software because the type of errors made are those of an automated software not of someone who was taught English at a school.

Let me give you an example of that... " Where am writing 'my thoughts', its not for making fund or for popularity."

There is no way on earth that your teacher would have taught you to use the word, 'fund' rather than the word 'money.' However, a translation software would have used the word 'fund' rather than 'money' because it doesn't know the sense of the sentence.

I'm not quite sure why you find writing articles difficult. I find writing articles extremely easy. So do all professional writers. That's why we do it. It's easy. If you find it difficult, then, obviously, this is not something that comes easily or innately to you. It also means you probably need to find something else to do!  If you're doing this for money, I think I can safely say that it's not the easiest way to earn money. Most of us who write cannot face a live without writing. It is something we cannot do without.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If it is so easy, then why is your English so bad?  Basic English grammar rules are not difficult, but the English language IS difficult because there are many, many exceptions to those rules.  Also, although we have only 26 letters, we have huge variations in spelling.

I suspect you're at a point where your English is SO poor, you don't realize how many mistakes you're making and how much you still have to learn.  HubPages is an English language site, and therefore it doesn't accept writers who can't manage an acceptable standard of English. That's just a fact.

4. SmartAndFun profile image93
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

Please do not take Gosh's name in vain, either.

Or Begorra, for that matter!  lol

5. profile image35

Experience is an important aspect in everyone’s life but it cannot be searched and found. Some experiences bring us knowledge whereas few others comprise our losses.

I have always had an interest in writing blogs and poems in my native language. I have written 1000 [blogs in my native language as well as in English] and more articles so far on various areas such as poetries, stories, political and social issues and so on. Every time I read these articles, I could find some faults. And I think that I could have expressed them in different ways. When well knowledgeable readers read my articles, they could provide me with more valuable comments.

Most of passionate writers may not be proofreaders. We cannot extrapolate that the best native language article will be the outcome from a native writer nor an article can be bad if written in other foreign languages. No writer expects to publish an erroneous article. Everyone aims at providing 100% good one.

I accepted all the comments provided for my articles positively instead of getting dejected. It gave me an opportunity to improve my language skills in writing better articles and  to get well-versed.

According to me, English is easy to learn and use grammatically unlike my native language which has complex grammar structures. The web platform helps me to gain knowledge to write blogs and hubs. There were no mistakes indicated on my articles posted so far on blogging sites. Hence my mistakes could never be corrected. Blog sites concentrate more on the content or the idea and not on grammatical correctness of statements. Though I have been writing since past ten years, my experiences here are comparatively different from blog sites.

Translators [as you have mentioned 'software'] do not provide accurate results. Hence I do not feel completely satisfied using them. English has always dwelt with me either as second language during my school days or as first language when I was doing my Masters. As a result, I do not require any translators. I may not be required to provide any sort of proofs on the same.    

I wish to continue writing many more articles and I am willing to correct my mistakes too.  It may or may not be published based on evaluation against the site standards. But it provides me immense pleasure rather than discouragement.

6. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Passionate writers who care about their readers do proofread their work.  And content writers who want to succeed follow the site rules to the best of their ability.  We all make mistakes, but we learn from them and don't make excuses for our failings.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)