jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Possible changes to current slideshow design?

1. lucabrasi profile image72
    lucabrasiposted 4 years ago

Hi:

I have several instructional hubs with diagrams.  Seems when I first published them, a viewer could mouse click on the photo to enlarge it for easy reading/viewing.  This enlarge feature does not work any longer??

I tried to switch to thumbnail view and it still does not work?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

@lucabrasi

Yes, there were some changes made to how the slideshow works.
      Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

The max displayable image size for a Hub is related to the screen resolution and a few other factors.  If you would like to have this behavior changed, you might consider suggesting it as a feature.

The more detail you can provide, the better it is for our engineering team. 

Here is the Forum for suggesting a new feature:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/37

1. cascoly profile image59
        cascolyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

====The max displayable image size for a Hub is related to the screen resolution and a few other factors.  If you would like to have this behavior changed, you might consider suggesting it as a feature.

the screen resolution is irrelevant -  this is a BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

what used to work DOES NOT WORK anymore

looks like when they changed the slideshow [i couldnt find any annpouncement of this] they BROKE the way it used to work!

i was answering a question about this just now & tested some of my hubs with many photos - images now appear in a SLIDESHOW WITHIN A BLACK BOX - not at full size, and there is no longer an option in the photo caption that allows photos to be displayed at full size

this really messes up our already published hubs and we should have been warned before this was changed

2. Millionaire Tips profile image86
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

I have noticed this as well.  Even on hubs that have the view larger enabled.

1. davenmidtown profile image86
      davenmidtownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Another disturbing change that seemingly detracks from the quality of photography and graphic within hubs.... why bother to include either anymore when writing a hub?

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

Actually, it is not a bug and it is not broke.  It still works.

After being in several threads and finding that it worked for some and not others, I did some legwork and after talking with the engineers several times I finally got mine to work.

Play with your screen resolution a little.  Go to the minimum resolution you can, but make sure it fits the physical dimensions (aspect ratio) of your screen.  If it isn't the right ratio for your screen it will not work well.

This has resulted in all of my photos being able to show larger in the slideshow except one, and that one is full sized in the hub and HUGE.  It just can't fit full size on any black box; it is larger than the screen is on the hub and you have to scroll down to see it all even there.

I'm not saying I like it; there have been so many hubbers complaining that you KNOW many readers can't see it either, but many can.

working