jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

My hub unpublished twice for mature content. Help please.

1. ashish04joshi profile image81
    ashish04joshiposted 5 years ago

Hello friends, I'm Dr. Ashish here. About a week ago, I had published a hub explaining what happens to the human body after death. And I had used four images in my hub to make it easy for people to understand human decomposition. But I received an email the next day telling me that my hub was unpublished for 'mature content' policy violation.
    So, I removed two 'more mature content like' pictures and resubmitted the hub for publication. But today again I received an email notifying me that the hub remains unpublished. Thankfully though, my account hasn't been banned!
    But what am I supposed to do about it now? Those images really enrich the overall information in the hub and I won't be satisfied if I'd have to publish the hub without those pictures.
    Please help.
    I've even written to HubPages team and still awaiting a response.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
      MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They likely aren't getting through.  Regardless of whether they enhance the experience or not the pictures are likely graphic and inappropriate for general audiences.

I would find another place to put your article but be forewarned... google adsense has the same dislikes as hubpages.  They don't give you a nice warning letter before they terminate your account.  Once it's gone you aren't getting it back...ever.

ashish04joshiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So what should I do? Take down the remaining pictures too and submit for publication again?
        I wish you could read the hub and advice me what can I do about using images in the hub.
        Thanks for the reply.
        And Google AdSense isn't approved for me yet.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
          MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure the topic itself is cool for HP but the pics definitely aren't going to fly.  If it were me I'd just scrap the hub.  I'd get other's advice first though.

2. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

I am guessing this is a cultural issue.

It is perfectly acceptable to deploy drones or cruise missiles in other people's countries, for example. But it would never be acceptable to show the results.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago

I would wait for HP's reply.  It is possible that it is just one picture that is too graphic, or it is possible that the entire article is too much.  Let them tell you whether you need to scrap the whole article or whether it is salvageable by taking out or cropping some photos.

I too was over-correcting some issues because I was simply guessing what the issue was.  Now I wait for the answer, so that I can leave my hubs as intact to the original as possible.

ashish04joshiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much...I guess I must wait for their reply as to what's the actual issue.
      But it's been two days already and no replies still, that's why I thought may be I could get some help from others' knowledge or experiences here.

working