jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

To share or not to share?

1. Trish_M profile image89
    Trish_Mposted 4 years ago

Hi All smile

Recent hubs have both extolled the benefits of sharing hubs and pointed out the disadvantages.

Positive: Hubbers become better known and their articles may reach more readers.

Negative: Hubbers' inboxes become so full of recommendations that they may become irritated and even block many of the shares.

I want to share all the good things that I come across ~ but I don't want to become a nuisance smile

What are your thoughts?
    To share or not to share?

(Of course, if people share everything that they come across, regardless of quality, then this is the equivalent of spam. This is a problem, but it is not what I am thinking about here.)

1. christin53 profile image80
      christin53posted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you share a quality hub which you think others will enjoy and benefit from then yes sharing is good. I share but not everything I read just the best. Other peoples shares have also benefited me as I have read things I probably wouldn't have come across.

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Most of my followers enjoy the topics I write about, so if I run across a hub that fits in, I share and would expect the same. smile

2. mary615 profile image94
    mary615posted 4 years ago

Like anything else in life:  use common sense!  If you share too much, you are a spammer, I think.  Some Hubbers jump on quickly to "read" a Hub, jump right off, say something like "great", then share that Hub.  Then they go straight to the author and ask to follow them.
    There have been Hubs written on just how to do this in order to get page views and followers.  I personally resent it!

I share, but like Dale said, only if I think my followers will enjoy the Hub.  If it's a really good Hub I will share on FB, too.

1. jasmith1 profile image85
      jasmith1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

As others have said, I think it is about common sense and being discerning and authentic: not sharing anything and everything. I try to share what resonates or that I find particularly useful.