jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

SUGGESTION: Control upon who can see our hubtivity

1. ashish04joshi profile image75
    ashish04joshiposted 5 years ago

Whenever people check out our profile page, they're greeted with a screen displaying our bio, hubs and our hubtivity and much more.
    But I wish there was also an option to control as to who can see our activity on HubPages.

The options could be:
    displayed only to your followers,
    only to HubPages members,
    to everyone.

The reason I suggest this is personal but I think it could be helpful to many.

And also, if it could be possible to control our hubtivity as to how much to be shown on our followers' feeds, it would be really great. For that though, we have an option to limit the activity from the specific hubbers so it's not that much of a concern.

Thank you.

2. EmpressFelicity profile image81
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

I like this idea a lot.

ashish04joshiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks EmpressFelicity...I really wish it happens someday.

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Anyone who did a search for your username on the site could still get an entire list of results that would duplicate the present hubtivity list.

Thanks Relache...
      But That's what I wish we could have control upon.

4. hazelwood4 profile image81
    hazelwood4posted 5 years ago

I think this would make a great feature too.smile  Great suggestion!

Thanks...won't it?
      I don't mind the hubs being displayed...but every account of our hubtivity is too much.
      It even fills up our followers' feeds if one's really active all the time.

5. MickiS profile image84
    MickiSposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, ashish04joshi.

In the new user profile design (which will be going live to Staff profiles in a few days as a preview) , Hubtivity will be displayed very differently. It will no longer be a default part of your preview when someone comes to your page. It will be page of its own.

You can see a screen shot of the new profile in Simone's Blog post from May 15:
    http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/05/new-profile-design/

Notice that Hubtivity is in the navigation on the right.

Is this sufficient to address concern since now a user will really have to work to see your Hubtivity?

6. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

The new profile looks really nice, MickiS. Thanks for posting.

7. paradigmsearch profile image87
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

"Similar Hubbers. To help you both discover and be discovered on HubPages, we are showcasing similar Hubbers on each Hubber’s Profile. This feature will help fans of your work find more Hubbers like you and this will also promote your own Profile on others’ pages."

"What!?!?!  I'M SIMILAR TO WHO!?!?!" Be prepared for the ensuing forum riots when the above goes live. lol big_smile lol

I'm fine with it, but I will be stocking up on popcorn. big_smile

If not already, might be a good idea to have an on/off switch for this one. I could be wrong...

And for the record, I like the design. smile

1. WriteAngled profile image90
      WriteAngledposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ohhhhh, I don't like the sound of this feature either!

Let's suppose I put a lot of effort into summarising scientific research that debunks the grandiose claims being made about some supplement or other.

Presumably I will be classified as "similar" to all the charlatans who have written hubs trying to sell that rubbish!

1. paradigmsearch profile image87
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can think of some Hubber pairings that would have me rolling on the floor. lol

8. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I suppose I will have to put a disclaimer on any affected hubs: "Please note that while Hubpages is trying to imply I am similar to hubberA, hubberB, hubberC, I absolutely do not endorse the views of these individuals and dissociate myself totally from them"

9. WriteAngled profile image90

I also do not like my profile text being cut off at some arbitrary point to display some other stuff.

Kindly grant me the right to decide what I wish others to see on my profile. Otherwise, I will need to add another disclaimer as the first sentence on my profile: "If you are here to find out about me, please ignore the stuff being displayed below and follow the "read more" link. I have no control on the other c__p Hubpages displays, without my consent, on this page."

I think the final profile design will be fine. Have faith.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6133882_f260.jpg
      I'm hoping Micki and the gang will give me a reward for discovering this in time. big_smile

10. WriteAngled profile image90

Faith does not come into the equation.

I intend to use the disclaimers I have cited until such time as I can move my content elsewhere.

Didn't the new hub format turn out fine? I think the same will happen with the new profile. smile

11. MickiS profile image84
    MickiSposted 5 years ago

As this thread is supposed to be about the privacy or not of the Hubtibity, can I ask that you start a different thread (AFTER the new profile is previewed...hopefully next week).

Closed to reply

working