I'm confused and looking for some relevant information about Hubs.

1. freetowrite profile image74
    freetowriteposted 4 years ago

I have done what many of you said and tried to go through old postings and hubs for information. What I'm finding is that, old information. Yes, I have found some good stuff, but I'm looking for more.

I am looking for forums, questions and hubs with information that is as recent as possible. I keep reading about these PANDA updates and people losing residuals on their hubs. I have been away from hubpages for awhile, but I'm back. I don't want to doom myself, so how should I go about starting up again?

If you can direct me to some good links, I'll definitely check your stuff out and leave you some feedback. (if its good! lol)

Here are some subjects that I need help with;
    Backlinking (is it still a good idea?)
    Should you still use Digg and sites like that? How do you use them? How many times should you digg your hub, how often?
    This whole PANDA/PENGUIN thing?
    Keyword research
    Hub layouts
    Anything else you suggest?

I lost my job two years ago and started looking for ways to make money online. Hubpages came up, so I made 4 hubs. I then got a job, so I stopped. I am now unemployed again. I checked and my hubs were still there along with $6 in my adsense account. Yey! Thats more than I made in two years at my last job!

Is it still worth it to partner with Hubpages? I'm not doing it just for money, I have fun and enjoy writing as well.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

I suggest you read the following sections,

If you subscribe to the HubPages topical category, new threads will show up on your feed page and that makes it really easy to keep up with the latest discussions, developments and debates in regards to what is happening with the site, changes and various opinions and interpretations of what Google says.

You say you just love writing, so from that angle, you'll probably find writing here satisfying.  If you are looking to replace a job you lost, you'll probably wind up homeless and starving before you create enough quality content to earn a living wage.  If you had been building Hubs all along (over the last two years), you might have gotten to the point by now of having a moderate supplement alongside your unemployment benefits.