jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

SUGGESTION: Sandpit

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I really wish we didn't have to see the sandpit on the main page of the forums, it used to be that you didn't see it unless you wanted to.

1. MickiS profile image94
      MickiSposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There's no pleasing everyone. Some people want to see it, and some do not. You can try edweirdo's forum filter for firefox or chrome.

1. lrohner profile image85
        lrohnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ed stopped udpating that ages ago, and the filter doesn't work anymore.

http://www.hubdefender.com/hubdefender/ … orumfilter

2. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The filter worked for me up until the last forum updates here, where the admin area of the forums was expanded.  So you might want to update your advice to just telling us there's nothing that can be done.

And the Sandpit did used to be blocked from the main forum homepage, and it was a LOT better that way.

3. WriteAngled profile image92
        WriteAngledposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Edweirdo's filter no longer works since the last messing around with the site structure. I confirmed this with Edweirdo and he said he was not going to adjust his filter any more, because not enough people were willing to become paying customers. He also gave me a full refund. It is so sad, because he was asking for a tiny contribution.

I am also really unhappy about the current situation. I used Edweirdo's filter to block about 95% of the forums here. Now, I am faced with pages of political, religious, sandbox, competitions and other crap that I really do not want to see.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
          Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It was well worth the $5 I spent on it.

2. rebekahELLE profile image93
      rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That would be nice since the forum filter is no longer current.  An HP filter would be great.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Ditto that.

Being able to filter the forum topic display really, REALLY needs to be an in-house feature.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

....not just for the Sandpit but for other topics as well, like Religion.

3. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago

To be honest, reading endless SEO linking stuff is currently doing my head in.  Makes adding the last letter to a cat's bottom seem reasonably intelligent.

4. Randy Godwin profile image92
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

..and Hubnuggets.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6812619.jpg

working