jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Duplicate content

1. catshem profile image71
    catshemposted 4 years ago

I'm just wondering what everyone's best way to avoid duplicate content is. I feel pretty bad if I get flagged for it, as it's not like I'm trying to copy paste. I do mostly product reviews and sometimes I have to pull things from the page in order to give good details about it. Obviously I summarized the best I can, and maybe even change the wording. I'll even quote the page. But, veteran hubbers, do you have any better techniques?

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 4 years ago

It's really quite simple.  "Don't use any text from anywhere else" works remarkably well.  And if you must quote, do so as minimally as possible and make sure you write the majority of the rest of the content yourself.  If you are getting a warning about duplicate content on a Hub, it doesn't have enough original material.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

This is why it's best to only review products that you have used yourself. That we you can put it into your own words.

1. catshem profile image71
      catshemposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's probably true. I'm actually getting some help now that's getting me to understand it better. It's hard for me to say without sounding like I'm making excuses for being lazy, cause that's not what I'm doing. I am really asking for help, but thankfully I am now getting that help. To be blunt, the schooling I got did not prepare me the real world like it should have. I guess I'll call this closed now as someone is helping me.

4. catshem profile image71
    catshemposted 4 years ago

Except, what if I'm not an expert on the product? The money I make from affiliate links has actually helped pay my bills, it's just I'm not expert enough on the product to make enough original material. I mean, that's what I'm getting from your reply. I'm just trying to gather some advice that helps me make it so I'm not getting flagged in the future for trying to make a decent, informative hubpage, but needing to fall on the products original info because I don't actually know enough about it. I'm trying to follow the best selling trends to gather more hits. For me, when I'm writing these types of hubpages on products like this, I do go "cross-eyed" trying to make it so I'm not duplicating. 12 years of schooling has beaten the "no plagiarizing" into my mind, and of course I want to avoid it, but I always feel like there's something I'm missing that everyone else has managed to understand better than I do.